Muscle Strain - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Muscle Strain.
What treatment has been effective for your muscle strain?

(Optional)

I tripped on a rug and onto a tile floor headfirst. In order to not slam my face into the tile I put both hands and palms down to break the impact. My face was spared, but my arms are still killing me. X-rays showed no breaks, but I cannot straighten out my arms or lift them above my head. Trying to brush my hair and getting dressed is a really painful effort. I saw my primary care physician who sent me for x-rays only. I also went to an orthopedic doctor. It has been 5 weeks since I fell, I feel something is really wrong..

I had an accident with my scooter and fell on my left leg, which became very blue and swollen. The blood has moved down to the knee but the leg is still very swollen and painful..