Kidney Infection - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis).
What were the symptoms of your kidney Infection?

(Optional)

It started out with very bad pain on my right side of my back at the bottom. I started vomiting and diarrhea, ran a fever for a day and I lay in bed for a week before I was able to drive myself to the hospital. They did blood work and checked my urine and said I had a kidney infection. I was given fluids and shots of antibiotics and pain shots, sent home with pills for pain, antibiotics and Ambien for 7 days. I'm still not well, my back is hurting so bad I had to rub it with tiger balm to numb it for a little while. I'm still sick, I wonder if I should go back to the hospital and make them x-ray my back..

I am having a severe pain in my left kidney some of the time but I am not sure that what the actual reason was, for this severe pain. I am worried about my kidney pain. I have also consulted a doctor and am taking medicines but some of the time I am having severe pain without any reason as I have no kidney stone in my kidney. I have researched a lot about this severe pain attacks and I have found several ideas why I am having this pain but not sure that the mentioned reasons are the cause of this pain. I wonder if the actual reason of this intolerable pain is kidney infection..