Achilles Tendon Rupture - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Achilles Tendon Rupture.
What was the treatment for your Achilles tendon rupture?

(Optional)

I was doing a simple yoga stretch and felt a pop in my ankle. I didn't feel pain right away, maybe 2 weeks later. I went in for a doctor’s appointment and was told I had an Achilles tendon avulsion fracture. And then he said, I need surgery. My face dropped. I wasn't in any kind of pain that would warrant surgery. My foot was extended to the point that I couldn't put my foot in a shoe. I had no idea he was going to put screws and pins with a plate in my foot. It's been 1 month since surgery and it feels worse now than it did when I originally injured it. I can't perform yoga anymore due to this injury. The older you get, the harder it is for your body to heal. Be careful when exercising, like I said, I felt no pain for about 2 weeks. All the best to those in good health. I waited for 8 to 9 months before I went in for surgery. Be careful and know what kind of stretching and exercising you can perform for your age. Be well..

My story is similar to the 62 year old who is in good shape and exercises, but ruptured the Achilles tendon jumping rope with the grandkids. On July 27 this 68 year old was showing my grandson my old Mohammed Ali 'float like a butterfly, sting like a bee' jump rope routine when I heard the infamous 'pop'. I had 80% rupture of the right tendon. Surgery is scheduled for August 9. I am missing golf already but encouraged when I recently saw that someone played 9 holes 8 weeks after surgery! That will be my goal, and will tell my physical therapy (PT) guy (who used to work for the SF 49ers) to do what's necessary to help me meet it. I will listen and do everything I'm told by doctors and PT. I'm interested in any good recovery stories that can give me hope..