Varicose Veins - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Varicose Veins.
What treatment have you used or had done for your varicose veins?

(Optional)

I've had varicose veins off and on all my life, especially during 2 pregnancies in my early 20s. The 2 pregnancies brought the varicose veins out considerably. My 2 daughters are now in their 30s. My mom had them really bad. So all 4 of her daughters have them but of course, I have them the worst out of my sisters, but yeah, very genetic. I had 4 different shots to the veins throughout 30 years, got compression stockings when I got tired of the shots. They've been quiet for a couple years but within 24 hours my right leg has been hurting really bad, so I put the compression stockings on which help but don't stop the pain. I still work full time and have to elevate my legs at work for relief. Not sure if I should call my doctor or what she can do for me. Sometimes when I gain a couple lb., varicose veins act up so watching weight is very important for me. Trying grapeseed extract has helped me in the past so I'm going to take 2 today where I normally take 1 a day..

I took Venorid for varicose veins, don't try it. I used it as directed for almost a month, absolutely zero results. They say you'll notice a difference after first application, and that they will be gone by two weeks. None of that is true. It's a scam. Stay away..