Torticollis - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Torticollis.
What treatment did you receive for your torticollis?

(Optional)

Published: December 07

I am a mother of a 2 year old boy. He suffers from torticollis since birth. He undergoes therapy already, yet no improvement. We have sought help from several doctors. We were confused from which specialist we should seek for an advice. A certain doctor referred us to a neurologist. She wants my baby to undergo CT scan. As parents we are still hesitant to do it in his young age. We asked if it is ok to apply TOT collar but they told us it is not needed. Until now there is no improvement. He still suffers from it..

Published: June 22

My torticollis journey started about 6 years ago. I didn't know what was going on with my neck. All I knew was that it wanted to turn and it was difficult to keep it straight. Well, this was also the beginning to an issue with anxiety. I was so anxious at work that this was happening, I left work and went straight to urgent care. I was given a prescription for Ativan. So now I am dealing with anxiety and neck pain. It took a little over a year to get correctly diagnosed but in that time I was given different pain/anxiety medications. I was also now dealing with depression as my activity level greatly decreased and I gained about 40 lb and basically just tried to get through my work day so I could go home to rest. I was correctly diagnosed when I was sent to the pain specialist to get a cortisone shot. I think it might have been maybe 10 minutes into the doctor visit and he said I don't need cortisone, I need Botox, and I finally had an answer. It was bittersweet but I was happy to finally get some relief from the pain. I started Botox injections and went every 3 months with relief until I couldn't afford it anymore. It has been about 1 1/2 years since my last injection. I'm feeling like I may need to go see the pain doctor soon as my neck is starting to feel tight and I've had some headaches. I can relate to a lot of you out there that are suffering from torticollis..