Hernia - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hernia.
What symptoms did you experience with your hernia?

(Optional)

My hernia has 2 phases. Phase 1, I think heavy lifting caused it on April 7 but only noticed it the day after, during bowel movement. If I leaned forward elbows on knees and pushed, something moved like a flap. Stop pushing it flops back. If I sit up straight and push, no sensation. Hoping it would go away, I ignored it. Phase 2, two weeks ago it moved forward where you can now see it, touch it, move it around, push it back in, sometimes squeeze out gurgles of gas. Only now was there soreness or bruising. There was more gurgling activity and parking of gas at the hernia. Hernia must be connected to anus because sensation of passing gas through both comes at the same time (once). Family (father, brother) has history of hernias. Solution, I have an appointment 11-28-2017 to figure this out..

I'm 37. A few years ago, around 2004, I was told that my right hemidiaphragm was elevated. I have been through many tests and different diagnostic for so long, and I always had back, chest, abdominal pains, and shortness of breath. As of 2015 I found out my liver is in my chest and now I am going for thoracic surgery on 5/20. They told me it is a real big one and very rare; one doctor is calling it an epigastric hernia. So yes, I'm scared and I will let you know how it goes. Oh, and I only have one lung, my left one, working and my right lung, well my liver is in its place..