Acute Angle-Closure Glaucoma - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Acute Angle-Closure Glaucoma.
What were your symptoms of acute-angle-closure glaucoma?

Published: December 19

I went to the eye doctor just to have my prescription checked before ordering new glasses occasioned by my daughter's new puppy chewing my glasses, and was diagnosed with acute angle closure glaucoma. I experienced had absolutely no symptoms which is why I am adding my post to this blog to encourage everyone to get periodic eye exams with or without symptoms. Unfortunately this post will probably only been seen by people who have already experienced some vision issues..

In previous visit to my ophthalmologist, intraocular pressure (IOP) was normal. Three months later for follow up of dry eye/blepharitis, IOP was significantly elevated in both eyes, the left much higher, leading to ultrasound which revealed almost complete closure of left duct and partial closure of right. I had no symptoms of acute-angle-closure glaucoma as outlined in this article. Forty-eight hours later I had laser treatment of left eye and I am scheduled for the right one in 1 week..