Prolapsed Uterus - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Prolapsed Uterus.
What were the symptoms of your prolapsed uterus?

(Optional)

I do not have any children. I love to garden and work on my small farm. I have always lifted whatever I wanted. I am overweight. My uterus has prolapsed. One morning while having a bowel movement I noticed a bulge out of my vagina. Shocked I pushed it back in. I went to my gynecologist the next day and was told it was my uterus and not to lift more than a carton of milk for 3 months and it would get better. Upon researching I switched doctors and was told it was stage 3 (hanging out a little) and it would not repair itself. I had the choice of hysterectomy or a pessary. I have been wearing the pessary for 6 months with good results. I had trouble removing it (it is a ring with membrane) so doc told me to add a string to it and I now remove it a couple times a week for cleaning. I can't even feel it any more. Give it a try and avoid surgery. I am 53 and otherwise in excellent health..

I was diagnosed with a prolapsed uterus 3 years ago by my gynecologist. At that time, it felt like something was inside me, which led me to go to her. Since then, I noticed that my uterus has dropped and is at the tip of my vagina. My gynecologist told me three years ago to let her know if it became bothersome. I wasn't ready for surgery then. Recently, I started having symptoms of a bladder infection and was informed by my primary care doctor I had blood in my urine. I haven't told him about the prolapsed uterus yet but plan to, after my second urine test returns..