Jellyfish Stings - Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Jellyfish Stings.
What was the treatment for your jellyfish sting?

(Optional)

I am doing research for a naturopathic doctor who is treating a patient for chronic muscle spasms and periodic paralysis with abdominal issues and respiratory issue. I have found that high doses of vitamin C is very useful to start taking right away after a jellyfish sting. Copied verbatim from a Hawaiian travel guide for stings: 'The key to this treatment is the high dose of Vitamin C which we have found can stop all sorts of venom/toxin/poison in its tracks. Taking very large doses is safe, and you can spread it out to help with absorption. For example, 500 mg every 15 minutes for several hours.' Due to the recurrence of symptoms months later for some, vitamin C will boost the immune system and help disperse and detox venom. Use a powder, non-toxic and food based vitamin C. You can dissolve and use directly on rash area. It is best to not use vinegar. It is not useful. Hope this helps someone..

In the surf, I stepped on a jellyfish, got stung from the knee down on my left leg. I just happened to have a drink called White Russian waiting for me and I dumped it on the stings. About 2 weeks later, the skin reacted and became very itchy..