Swollen Lymph Nodes - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Swollen Lymph Nodes.
Please describe your diagnosis of swollen lymph nodes.

(Optional)

I have a chronic staph epidermidis in my left shoulder following a reverse total shoulder. I have had it replaced and the bone scraped out with vancomycin beads placed inside the bone. It was followed by strong antibiotic treatment to which I was allergic. Now I am on doxycycline 100 twice a day for life. I have been told I can never get rid of the staph infection. Now my lymph nodes along the side of the left breast have been swollen for several months. We are thinking it is from the staph infection. I see the infectious disease doctor in another month and we will reevaluate. I don't see any way to get rid of it..

I had an experience with a cramp like feeling in my jaws, like eating something sour, but very painful. I was telling my friend of this experience as the gland in my jaw under my ear was swollen after this happening. It happened several times that evening. She said she knew the feeling as it just happened to her a couple of weeks before, and it was the day after she had gotten a flu shot. I told her that I also had received a flu shot the day before this happened, she told me this was a side effect from the shot, and this was listed on the paper that was given to her at Walgreens. I would never have connected this if I had not talked to her. I called my doctor and he doesn't think what happened was a side effect..