Shingles - Effective Treatments

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Shingles.
What kinds of treatments have been effective for your shingles?

(Optional)

Published: December 07

For shingles pain, ask your doctor to prescribe gabapentin also known as Neurontin. This is a non-narcotic medication. Take 600 mg and you should have pain relief in 1 or 2 hours. You can take more than 2400 mg daily. This medicine is specific for certain kinds of nerve pain. Very safe..

Published: March 17

My shingles started with a burning sensation on my hairline, which was the beginning. So I went to my doctor and found out that it was shingles. My doctor prescribed valacyclovir hydrochloride. This is very important, get that medicine right away and it helps to dry you out and lessens the blisters. I had blisters on my hairline, forehead, and then towards my eyebrow and went under that brow. If it gets there make sure you have an ophthalmologist in case it gets on your eye lid. The worst place where my shingles were, was all on my scalp, felt like my hair was on fire. I took towels and soaked them in cold water and covered it on my head and repeated till I needed to. Also ask your doctor for bacitracin 500 ointment, it helps to heal..