Bee And Wasp Sting - Self-Care

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Bee and Wasp Stings.
What self-care did you use on your bee and/or wasp sting?

I had a rash all over my body from a wasp sting. Never reacted like that before. I was throwing up, could not keep the Benadryl down. Finally I used aloe vera on the rash and it helped relieve it. Several hours later I was able to take the Benadryl and keep it down, then a friend brought me calendula homeopathic medicine, very cooling and took away the painful itching and raised welts. I highly recommend aloe vera and especially calendula for the rash, and antihistamine to stop the body's overreaction to the sting..

I was stung by a yellow jacket on my leg just above the ankle about 2 weeks ago. Immediately I put ice on it and used very cold water on it the rest of the day. I didn't swell until a day later. A few days later I got terrible itching. I tried cortisone cream, Lanacane and more ice without relief. Finally in desperation I tried aloe vera capsules I had on hand; instant relief from itching. I did not need another application. By next day, the swelling was down and I could see it was healing. Now I can still see a small dot where I was stung and there's a little discoloration but all is well..