Chronic Kidney Disease - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Kidney Disease.
What symptoms did you experience with your chronic kidney disease?

(Optional)

I was diagnosed with two different cancers on my right kidney in 2013. I was 60 at the time. They were removed by surgery, a partial nephrectomy. No chemotherapy and no radiation. A number of checkups post-surgery indicated I was cancer free. Since then I find that I awake multiple times throughout the night, close to every hour on the hour to urinate. When I do, I find the urine to be quite bubbly. Most days I am quite fatigued because of the chronic kidney disease. I am able to function reasonably well. Luckily, I am retired and don't have to keep any particular schedule. To actually get 8 hours of sleep for one night would be incredible..

I am a 59 year old female and was diagnosed with hereditary nephritis in 1981 (later determined to be Alport syndrome) and have had gradual progression of loss of renal function since then, reaching stage V chronic kidney disease in March 2015. My GFR (glomerular filtration rate) fluctuated between 12 and 13 for a year and a half until March 2017 when it went to 11. Bloodwork in June and July 2017 showed function declining to GFR 10 and 8, respectively, so I think dialysis will be necessary soon. I have done remarkably well to this point, but have recently experienced fatigue, mild anemia, ammonia taste, queasiness, gout in elbows, and am up every hour and a half or two hours to urinate. My serum levels for the following are a bit low: carbon dioxide, hemoglobin, platelets, and MCHC (mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration). Serum levels for potassium, phosphate, uric acid and chloride are elevated..