The practice of birth control or preventing pregnancy is as old as human existence. For centuries, humans have relied upon their imagination to avoid pregnancy. Today, the voluntary control of fertility is of paramount importance to modern society. For the individual woman, the effective ability to control when and whether she becomes pregnant affects her ability to achieve her own goals and contribute to her sense of well-being. A woman's choice of birth control method involves factors such as how easy it is to use, safety, risks, cost, and personal considerations.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Sexual Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Sexual Health Related Resources
Sexual Health Articles
- Can You Get HPV Non-Sexually?
- Birth Control Spermicides
- Birth Control Permanent Methods
- Early Symptoms of Genital Herpes
- Female Sexual Problems
- Can a Man with HPV Get Rid of It? Is HPV Permanent in Males?
- Birth Control Types (Effectiveness and Side Effects)
- Penile Discharge Symptoms and Signs
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Do You Need a Prescription for the Birth Control Patch?
- What Are The Side Effects of an IUD?
- Do IUDs Make You Gain Weight?
- What Else Can Birth Control Be Used For?
- Is Birth Control 100 Percent Effective?
Sexual Health Medications
- sinecatechins (topical) (Veregen) (Veregen)
- estradiol and levonorgestrel (transdermal) (Climara Pro) (Climara Pro)
- ethinyl estradiol and norelgestromin (transdermal) (Ortho Evra, Xulane) (Ortho Evra)
- ethinyl estradiol and etonogestrel (vaginal ring) (NuvaRing) (NuvaRing)
- etonogestrel (implant) (Implanon, Nexplanon) (Implanon)
- drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol (Gianvi, Loryna, Nikki) (Ocella, Yasmin, Yaz)
- cetrorelix (injectable) (Cetrotide) (Cetrotide)
- estradiol and norgestimate (Ortho-Prefest, Prefest) (Prefest)
- ganirelix (Ganirelix Acetate) (Antagon, Ganirelix Acetate)
- estradiol and norethindrone (transdermal) (Combipatch) (Combipatch)
- estradiol and norethindrone (oral) (Activella, Amabelz, Lopreeza) (Activella)
- follicle stimulating hormone (Follistim AQ, Follistim AQ Cartridge, Gonal-F) (Follistim, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel (Apri, Azurette, Caziant) (Apri, Cesia, Cyclessa and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate (Estarylla, Femynor, Mili) (Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and ethynodiol diacetate (Demulen 1/35, Demulen 1/50, Kelnor) (Kelnor, Zovia 1/35, Zovia 1/50)
Sexual Health Images and Slideshows
- Picture of Syphilis
- Choosing Your Birth Control Method
- STD Diagnosis, Images, Symptoms, Treatment
- The Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Better Sex After 50
- Sex Tips for Men: How to Have a Better Sex Life
- Your Sex Life After Pregnancy
- Men, Love, and Sex: 18 Secrets Guys Wish You Knew in Pictures
- 19 Secrets Women Wish You Knew With Pictures
- Female Sexual Dysfunction: Treatment for Women's Sexual Disorders
- Boost Your Fertility: Ovulation Calculator, Pregnancy Planning and More
- Infertility: Types, Treatments, and Costs
- Picture of Trichomoniasis
- Picture of Chancroid
- Picture of Crabs (Pubic Lice)
Sexual Health Quizzes
Sexual Health News
- Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea Found in 2 U.K. Women
- Single Dose of New Oral Antibiotic Cures Most Gonorrhea
- Regular Marijuana Use Tied to More Frequent Sexual Activity
- Threat of Untreatable Gonorrhea Real, Growing
- Half of US Men Have Penile HPV, But What Does This Mean?
- 42% of US Adults Infected with Genital HPV, CDC Says
- Pregnancy Prevention Program in Acne Drug Users Ineffective
- Male Birth Control: More Options Soon?
- FDA Approves Addyi, First Drug to Boost Women's Sex Drive
- Should Men Worry About Being Too Old to Have Kids?
- Sexual Fantasies: What's Considered Unusual?
- Cycling Doesn't Cause Male Infertility: Study
- Voluntary Recall of One Lot of Gardasil HPV Vaccine
- FDA Approves Plan B One-Step Emergency Contraceptive Without a Prescription
- New Study Shows HPV Vaccine Helping Lower HPV Infection Rates in Teen Girls