The practice of birth control or preventing pregnancy is as old as human existence. For centuries, humans have relied upon their imagination to avoid pregnancy. Today, the voluntary control of fertility is of paramount importance to modern society. For the individual woman, the effective ability to control when and whether she becomes pregnant affects her ability to achieve her own goals and contribute to her sense of well-being. A woman's choice of birth control method involves factors such as how easy it is to use, safety, risks, cost, and personal considerations.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Sexual Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Sexual Health Related Resources
Sexual Health Articles
- Is Herpes Really an STD?
- How Common Is Donovanosis?
- Can Herpes Go Away?
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- What Can Be Mistaken for Genital Herpes?
- Can Gonorrhea Go Away on Its Own?
- How Long Before Genital Warts Go Away?
- Chlamydia Infection
- Why Do Men Feel Pain During Intercourse?
- Female Sexual Problems
- What Happens If You Get an STD?
- Bumps on My Penis: Is This Normal?
- Why Is My Foreskin Itchy?
- What Is the Fastest Way to Cure Erectile Dysfunction?
Sexual Health Medications
- sinecatechins (topical) (Veregen) (Veregen)
- estradiol and levonorgestrel (transdermal) (Climara Pro) (Climara Pro)
- ethinyl estradiol and norelgestromin (transdermal) (Ortho Evra, Xulane, Zafemy) (Ortho Evra)
- ethinyl estradiol and etonogestrel (vaginal ring) (EluRyng, NuvaRing) (NuvaRing)
- etonogestrel (implant) (Implanon, Nexplanon) (Implanon)
- drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol (Gianvi, Jasmiel, Loryna) (Ocella, Yasmin, Yaz)
- cetrorelix (injectable) (Cetrotide) (Cetrotide)
- estradiol and norgestimate (Ortho-Prefest, Prefest) (Prefest)
- ganirelix (Ganirelix Acetate) (Antagon, Ganirelix Acetate)
- estradiol and norethindrone (transdermal) (Combipatch) (Combipatch)
- estradiol and norethindrone (oral) (Activella, Amabelz, Lopreeza) (Activella)
- follicle stimulating hormone (Follistim AQ Cartridge, Gonal-F, Gonal-f RFF) (Follistim, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel (Apri, Azurette, Bekyree) (Apri, Cesia, Cyclessa and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate (Estarylla, Femynor, Mili) (Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and ethynodiol diacetate (Demulen 1/35, Demulen 1/50, Kelnor) (Kelnor, Zovia 1/35, Zovia 1/50)
Sexual Health Images and Slideshows
- Choosing Your Birth Control Method
- Sex Tips for Men: How to Have a Better Sex Life
- Sex After Birth: How Your Sex Life Changes
- Sexual Health: Safe Sex Mistakes to Avoid
- Sexual Health: Best Foods to Eat Before Sex
- Fertility Options: Types, Treatments, and Costs
- Boost Your Fertility: Ovulation Calculator, Pregnancy Planning and More
- Sexual Health: Habits of Couples Who Have Great Sex
- Health and Sex: How Sex Drive Changes Through the Years
- Sexual Health: What Happens When You Stop Having Sex?
- 12 Preventable STDs: Pictures, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Picture of Syphilis
- The Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Better Sex After 50
- Men, Love, and Sex: 18 Secrets Guys Wish You Knew in Pictures
Sexual Health Quizzes
Sexual Health News
- Drops in Hepatitis C Testing, Treatment Spark Concern
- Erectile Dysfunction: A Urologic 'Canary in a Coal Mine'
- Physician on Boosting Sex With Foods: Keep an Open Mind
- 'Crowd Diagnosis' of STDs Popular but Often Unreliable
- Advisory Panel Backs New Contraceptive Patch Despite FDA Concerns
- More Nuts Improve Men's Orgasmic Function, Sexual Desire
- FDA Approves New Libido-Boosting Drug for Premenopausal Women
- Almost 400M New Cases Annually of Four Curable STIs, WHO Says
- Can You Get HPV Non-Sexually?
- Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea Found in 2 U.K. Women
- Can a Man with HPV Get Rid of It? Is HPV Permanent in Males?
- How Effective Is the Birth Control Patch?
- Do You Need a Prescription for the Birth Control Patch?
- What Are The Side Effects of an IUD?
- Do IUDs Make You Gain Weight?