The practice of birth control or preventing pregnancy is as old as human existence. For centuries, humans have relied upon their imagination to avoid pregnancy. Today, the voluntary control of fertility is of paramount importance to modern society. For the individual woman, the effective ability to control when and whether she becomes pregnant affects her ability to achieve her own goals and contribute to her sense of well-being. A woman's choice of birth control method involves factors such as how easy it is to use, safety, risks, cost, and personal considerations.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Sexual Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Sexual Health Related Resources
Sexual Health Articles
- How Can I Cure Premature Ejaculation?
- Would I Know If I Had Herpes?
- Is Cialis Better Than Viagra?
- What Is the First Sign of HIV?
- Is Viagra Safe to Take?
- Can A Man Give A Woman Trichomoniasis?
- How Do You Know If You Have a Urinary Tract Infection?
- What Causes Erectile Dysfunction in Males?
- Is HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) an STD?
- What Does Genital Herpes Look Like?
- How Serious Is Chlamydia?
- Is It OK to Have Sex Every Day?
- Emergency Contraception
- What Are Symptoms of Chlamydia in Men and Women?
- What Are the Different Types of Contraception?
Sexual Health Medications
- sinecatechins (topical) (Veregen) (Veregen)
- estradiol and levonorgestrel (transdermal) (Climara Pro) (Climara Pro)
- ethinyl estradiol and norelgestromin (transdermal) (Ortho Evra, Xulane) (Ortho Evra)
- ethinyl estradiol and etonogestrel (vaginal ring) (EluRyng, NuvaRing) (NuvaRing)
- etonogestrel (implant) (Implanon, Nexplanon) (Implanon)
- drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol (Gianvi, Jasmiel, Loryna) (Ocella, Yasmin, Yaz)
- cetrorelix (injectable) (Cetrotide) (Cetrotide)
- estradiol and norgestimate (Ortho-Prefest, Prefest) (Prefest)
- ganirelix (Ganirelix Acetate) (Antagon, Ganirelix Acetate)
- estradiol and norethindrone (transdermal) (Combipatch) (Combipatch)
- estradiol and norethindrone (oral) (Activella, Amabelz, Lopreeza) (Activella)
- follicle stimulating hormone (Follistim AQ Cartridge, Gonal-F, Gonal-f RFF) (Follistim, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel (Apri, Azurette, Bekyree) (Apri, Cesia, Cyclessa and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate (Estarylla, Femynor, Mili) (Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen and more)
- ethinyl estradiol and ethynodiol diacetate (Demulen 1/35, Demulen 1/50, Kelnor) (Kelnor, Zovia 1/35, Zovia 1/50)
Sexual Health Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Habits of Couples Who Have Great Sex
- Health and Sex: How Sex Drive Changes Through the Years
- Sexual Health: What Happens When You Stop Having Sex?
- 12 Preventable STDs: Pictures, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Picture of Syphilis
- Choosing Your Birth Control Method
- The Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Better Sex After 50
- Sex Tips for Men: How to Have a Better Sex Life
- Your Sex Life After Pregnancy
- Men, Love, and Sex: 18 Secrets Guys Wish You Knew in Pictures
- 19 Secrets Women Wish You Knew With Pictures
- Female Sexual Dysfunction: Treatment for Women's Sexual Disorders
- Boost Your Fertility: Ovulation Calculator, Pregnancy Planning and More
- Infertility: Types, Treatments, and Costs
Sexual Health Quizzes
Sexual Health News
- Erectile Dysfunction: A Urologic 'Canary in a Coal Mine'
- Physician on Boosting Sex With Foods: Keep an Open Mind
- 'Crowd Diagnosis' of STDs Popular but Often Unreliable
- Advisory Panel Backs New Contraceptive Patch Despite FDA Concerns
- More Nuts Improve Men's Orgasmic Function, Sexual Desire
- FDA Approves New Libido-Boosting Drug for Premenopausal Women
- Almost 400M New Cases Annually of Four Curable STIs, WHO Says
- Can You Get HPV Non-Sexually?
- Antibiotic-Resistant Gonorrhea Found in 2 U.K. Women
- Can a Man with HPV Get Rid of It? Is HPV Permanent in Males?
- How Effective Is the Birth Control Patch?
- Do You Need a Prescription for the Birth Control Patch?
- What Are The Side Effects of an IUD?
- Do IUDs Make You Gain Weight?
- What Else Can Birth Control Be Used For?