Viewer Comments: Sinus Headache - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Headache:

Sinus Headache - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your sinus headache?

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

My sinus headache occurs suddenly with pain above left eye, top of head and back of neck, and the right eye swells also. I have been diagnosed with acute sinusitis and given a prescription for nasal steroid spray and an antibiotic, which I have been on for four days, still get symptoms on an off during the day. I have had symptoms for eight days.

Comment from: SHAREN, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 05

The headache which I attributed to my neck seems to be from pain in the back of my head. Research leads me to think it is from sphenoid sinusitis. It was about on the level of my ears and eyes. I massaged the area, then started nasal rinses daily. The head pain was reduced and left. I only took Aleve. The rinse seemed to open up the passages. I had no other symptoms except the back of head pain.

Comment from: Pressure in Head, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I went to the emergency room for a sharp pain in my head, had a CT scan and was told by the nurse practitioner that I have sinusitis. I didn't even know I was sick, I have been having pressure in my head and thought it was due to my grinding my teeth. I was given Augmentin for 7 days. I am not sure what else to do, scared that it might be a blood clot, or brain clot.

Comment from: Sharon, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: May 26

I have sinus headache behind the right eye and I need relief.

Must Read Articles Related to Sinus Headache

5 Types of Headaches
5 Types of Headaches There are five main types of headaches including migraines, cluster headaches, tension headaches, sinus headaches, and mixed headaches. Knowing what kind of hea...learn more >>
Cluster Headaches
Cluster Headache Cluster headaches are different that typical h...learn more >>
Colds
Colds The cold is the most commonly occurring illness in...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Sinus Headache:

Sinus Headache - Self-Care at Home

What home remedy did you use for your sinus headache?