Sinus Infection

Please share your experience with sinus surgery. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sandy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I recently had sinus surgery to clear passages. I was told I had viral infection. No help or antibiotics 6 for months or more. I still have yellow mucus with blood in nose. I got facial cellulitis in my neck, face and eye. I was given Rocephin and was in hospital for 4 days on liquid IV. I had to drink lots of water. As they injected Rocephin in IV but no running IV, I got dehydrated. I still have yellow mucus with blood. They were going to check for MRSA, but I haven't heard anything. They stuck a swab up my nose, I wonder if there are any other tests they should be doing. I also have impetigo after using nasal medicines. When I bend my head down, for a couple of hours after rinse, the liquid would run out. I noticed rash on hand from trying to stop until I could run to sink and wash up. I am scared about recurrence as they are not taking this seriously, they are underplaying this and I am out of patience.

American Academy of Allergy and Immunology. "Tips to Remember: Allergy Shots."
<http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/at-a-glance/allergy-shots.aspx>

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Sinus Rinsing & Neti Pots."
<http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/naegleria/sinus-rinsing.html>

US Federal Drug Administration. "Is Rinsing Your Sinuses Safe?"
<http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm316375.htm>

Hickner JM, Bartlett JG, Besser RE, Gonzales R, Hoffman JR, Sande MA; American Academy of Family Physicians; American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Mediciine; Centers for Disease Control; Infectious Diseases Society of America. "Principles of appropriate antibiotic use for acute rhinosinusitis in adults: background." Ann Intern Med. 2001 Mar 20;134(6):498-505.

Rabago D., Zgierska A. "Saline Nasal Irrigation for Upper Respiratory Conditions." Am Fam Physician. 2009 November 15; 80(10): 1117–1119.