Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)

Please share your experience with sinus surgery. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sandy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I recently had sinus surgery to clear passages. I was told I had viral infection. No help or antibiotics 6 for months or more. I still have yellow mucus with blood in nose. I got facial cellulitis in my neck, face and eye. I was given Rocephin and was in hospital for 4 days on liquid IV. I had to drink lots of water. As they injected Rocephin in IV but no running IV, I got dehydrated. I still have yellow mucus with blood. They were going to check for MRSA, but I haven’t heard anything. They stuck a swab up my nose, I wonder if there are any other tests they should be doing. I also have impetigo after using nasal medicines. When I bend my head down, for a couple of hours after rinse, the liquid would run out. I noticed rash on hand from trying to stop until I could run to sink and wash up. I am scared about recurrence as they are not taking this seriously, they are underplaying this and I am out of patience.

QUESTION