Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder. Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis and is characterized by red skin covered with silvery scales and inflammation. Patches of circular to oval shaped red plaques that itch or burn are typical of plaque psoriasis. The patches are usually found on the arms, legs, trunk, or scalp but may be found on any part of the skin. The most typical areas are the knees and elbows.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Skin Conditions & Beauty related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Skin Conditions & Beauty Related Resources
Skin Conditions & Beauty Articles
- How Can I Get Rid of Fungus on My Nails?
- What Does Retinol Do to Your Skin?
- Skin Abscess
- What Is the Main Cause of Vitiligo?
- Oral Herpes (Herpes Simplex)
- Jock Itch
- How Do I Get Rid of Pimples Overnight?
- How Do You Get Rid of Lice in One Day?
- Can I Permanently Get Rid of Stretch Marks?
- Should I Wear Socks to Bed with Athlete's Foot?
- How Long Does It Take for Acne Scars to Go Away?
- How Can I Remove My Wrinkles Permanently?
Skin Conditions & Beauty Medications
- metronidazole topical (MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel Pump) (MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroLotion and more)
- onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) (Botox, Botox Cosmetic) (Botox, Botox Cosmetic, Dysport)
- ustekinumab (Stelara, Stelara PFS) (Stelara)
- adapalene and benzoyl peroxide (topical) (Epiduo, Epiduo Forte, Epiduo Pump) (Epiduo)
- methyl aminolevulinate (topical) (Metvixia) (Metvixia)
- clindamycin and tretinoin (topical) (Veltin, Ziana) (Ziana)
- benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid (topical) (Cleanse and Treat, Cleanse and Treat Plus, Inova 4/1) (Cleanse & Treat, Inova 4/1, Inova 8/2)
- ammonium lactate and urea (topical) (Carb-O-Lac HP, Carb-O-Lac5, Ultralytic) (Ultralytic, Ultralytic 2)
- sodium hyaluronate (topical) (Bionect, Gelclair, HyGel) (Bionect, Gelclair, Hylira and more)
- dapsone topical (Aczone) (Aczone)
- calcitriol (topical) (Vectical) (Vectical)
- betamethasone and calcipotriene topical (Enstilar, Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp) (Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp)
- sertaconazole topical (Ertaczo) (Ertaczo)
- salicylic acid and urea topical (Carb-O-Sal5, Kerasal, Salvax Duo) (Kerasal)
- daptomycin (Cubicin)
Skin Conditions & Beauty Images and Slideshows
- Unexpected Places You Can Get Skin Cancer
- Pictures of Age Defying Hairstyles: How to Look Younger
- Better Eyebrows and Eyelashes in Pictures
- Quick Home Remedies for Puffy Face and Body
- Skin Conditions: Things That Look Scary but Aren't
- How Can I Get Rid of Wrinkles on My Face Fast?
- What Are the Worst Foods for Your Skin?
- What's Under Your Skin? Bugs That Burrow
- Health and Beauty: What You Should Know Before Getting Facial Fillers
- Health and Beauty: Skin Care Products That May Not Work
- Healthy Living: Sunlight and Your Health
- Health and Beauty Uses for Baking Soda
- Teen Health: DIY Skin and Hair Care for Girls
- Skin Problems: Top Eczema Triggers to Avoid
- Don't Scratch! What to Do When Your Eczema Itches
Skin Conditions & Beauty Quizzes
- Summer Skin Risks: Sunburn, Bug Bites & Poison Ivy
- Shingles Quiz: Symptoms, Vaccine & Pictures
- Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Quiz: Test Your Skin Disorders IQ
- Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
- Rosacea Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hair Loss Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Sweating (Perspiration) Quiz: Test Your IQ
- Skin Quiz: Acne, Dry Skin, Dandruff & More
- Bed Bugs Quiz: How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- Acne (Pimples) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Dry Skin Quiz: Test Your Dry Skin IQ
- Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Skin Conditions Quiz: Common Skin Diseases
Skin Conditions & Beauty News
- Five Do's and Five Don'ts for Managing Atopic Dermatitis
- Recall: Stop Using Neutrogena and Aveeno Spray Sunscreen
- Toxic Chemicals Found in Many Cosmetics
- Promising Treatments for Acne and Molluscum Contagiosum
- 'Dr Pimple Popper' Shares Her Social Media Tips
- Psoriasis Guidelines Focus on Treatment of Adults
- About One Third of Older Americans Receive Shingles Vaccine
- Smartphone Apps for Suspicious Skin Lesions Unreliable
- FDA Clears First Topical Form of Minocycline for Acne
- FDA Finds High Systemic Absorption of Sunscreen Ingredients
- Can Psoriasis Go Away on Its Own? What Happens if Psoriasis Is not Treated?
- How Long Does It Take to Recover from Shingles?
- How Do You Get Rid of Shingles?
- What’s the Best Thing to Put on Psoriasis?
- How Does Psoriasis Start Out?