Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder. Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis and is characterized by red skin covered with silvery scales and inflammation. Patches of circular to oval shaped red plaques that itch or burn are typical of plaque psoriasis. The patches are usually found on the arms, legs, trunk, or scalp but may be found on any part of the skin. The most typical areas are the knees and elbows.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Skin Conditions & Beauty related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Skin Conditions & Beauty Related Resources
Skin Conditions & Beauty Articles
- What Is the Main Cause of Rosacea?
- How Do You Get Lice?
- What Is Impetigo Caused By?
- Home Remedies for Itchy Scalp: Oils and Alternative Treatments
- Fungal Nail Infection (Onychomycosis)
- How Do You Get Scabies?
- How Do You Get Rid of a Yeast Infection Rash?
- How Do I Get Rid of Keratosis Pilaris On My Face?
- What Triggers Keratosis Pilaris?
- Can Folliculitis Decalvans Be Cured?
- How Do You Treat Scalp Folliculitis?
- How Do You Treat Folliculitis on The Face?
- Life-Threatening Skin Rashes
- What Are the Most Common Uses of Antimicrobials in Cutaneous Surgery?
- What Is Botulinum Toxin Used For?
Skin Conditions & Beauty Medications
- metronidazole topical (MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel Pump) (MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroLotion and more)
- onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) (Botox, Botox Cosmetic) (Botox, Botox Cosmetic, Dysport)
- ustekinumab (Stelara, Stelara PFS) (Stelara)
- adapalene and benzoyl peroxide (topical) (Epiduo, Epiduo Forte, Epiduo Pump) (Epiduo)
- methyl aminolevulinate (topical) (Metvixia) (Metvixia)
- clindamycin and tretinoin (topical) (Veltin, Ziana) (Ziana)
- benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid (topical) (Cleanse & Treat, Cleanse & Treat Plus, Inova 4/1) (Cleanse & Treat, Inova 4/1, Inova 8/2)
- zoster vaccine live (Zostavax) (Zostavax)
- ammonium lactate and urea (topical) (Carb-O-Lac HP, Carb-O-Lac5, Ultralytic) (Ultralytic, Ultralytic 2)
- sodium hyaluronate (topical) (Bionect, Gelclair, HyGel) (Bionect, Gelclair, Hylira and more)
- dapsone topical (Aczone) (Aczone)
- calcitriol (topical) (Vectical) (Vectical)
- betamethasone and calcipotriene topical (Enstilar, Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp) (Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp)
- sertaconazole topical (Ertaczo) (Ertaczo)
- salicylic acid and urea topical (Carb-O-Sal5, Kerasal, Salvax Duo) (Kerasal)
Skin Conditions & Beauty Images and Slideshows
- Retinoids: Anti-Aging Benefits
- Hair Loss: Conditions That Can Cause Body Hair Loss
- Skin Problems: Weird Conditions Associated with Aging
- Acne: Foods That Cause and Fight Acne and Pimples
- Fungal Skin Infections: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments
- Alcohol: How Drinking Alcohol Affects Your Skin
- Summer Skin Dangers: Burns, Bites, Stings, and More
- Cellulitis: Pictures of Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
- Cellulite Facts and Treatment Options
- Bed Bug Bites: Fighting Back Against Bedbugs
- Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair
- Shingles Rash Pictures, Symptoms, Vaccine Facts
- Acne: Causes, Solutions and Treatments for Adults
- Kombucha: What to Know Before You Sip
- Health and Beauty: What You Should Know Before Getting Facial Fillers
Skin Conditions & Beauty Quizzes
- Summer Skin Risks: Sunburn, Bug Bites & Poison Ivy
- Shingles Quiz: Symptoms, Vaccine & Pictures
- Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Quiz: Test Your Skin Disorders IQ
- Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
- Rosacea Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hair Loss Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Sweating (Perspiration) Quiz: Test Your IQ
- Skin Quiz: Acne, Dry Skin, Dandruff & More
- Bed Bugs Quiz: How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- Acne (Pimples) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Dry Skin Quiz: Test Your Dry Skin IQ
- Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Skin Conditions Quiz: Common Skin Diseases
Skin Conditions & Beauty News
- Psoriasis Guidelines Focus on Treatment of Adults
- About One Third of Older Americans Receive Shingles Vaccine
- Smartphone Apps for Suspicious Skin Lesions Unreliable
- FDA Clears First Topical Form of Minocycline for Acne
- FDA Finds High Systemic Absorption of Sunscreen Ingredients
- Can Psoriasis Go Away on Its Own? What Happens if Psoriasis Is not Treated?
- How Long Does It Take to Recover from Shingles?
- How Do You Get Rid of Shingles?
- What’s the Best Thing to Put on Psoriasis?
- How Does Psoriasis Start Out?
- How Do You Get Rid of Psoriasis Naturally?
- Can You Die if You Have Psoriasis?
- FDA Clears Injectable Ascorbic Acid (Ascor) for Scurvy
- Cosmetic Surgery Advertising on Instagram Misleading
- iPhone Cases Recalled; Liquid Inside Can Burn Skin