Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder. Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis and is characterized by red skin covered with silvery scales and inflammation. Patches of circular to oval shaped red plaques that itch or burn are typical of plaque psoriasis. The patches are usually found on the arms, legs, trunk, or scalp but may be found on any part of the skin. The most typical areas are the knees and elbows.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Skin Conditions & Beauty related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Skin Conditions & Beauty Related Resources
Skin Conditions & Beauty Articles
- How Long Does Sunburn Last?
- Systemic Scleroderma Stages and Life Expectancy
- What Does a Tick Bite Look Like on It?
- How Can I Get Rid of Severe Acne?
- What Is the Best Treatment for Fungus on Your Toe?
- How Much Do Breast Implants Cost?
- Skin Tags (Acrochordons)
- How to Remove Wrinkles Under Eyes
- What Are These Lumps in the Palm of My Hand?
- What Is a Red Spot with a White Center?
- How Do I Get Rid of Keratosis Pilaris on My Face?
- What Triggers Keratosis Pilaris?
- What Is Itchy Skin A Sign Of?
- Why Does Pus Come Out When I Squeeze My Armpit?
- Why Do I Have Little Bumps on the Back of My Hands?
Skin Conditions & Beauty Images and Slideshows
- Picture of Erythema Toxicum Neonatorum Eruption
- Picture of Nail-Patella Syndrome
- Picture of Tattoo with Q-Switched Laser Treatment
- How to Make Scars Less Visible
- Picture of Fire Ant Stings
- Picture of Psoriasis Vulgaris Plaque
- Picture of Poison Ivy
- What Your Body Odor Says About Your Health
- Life-Threatening Skin Rashes
- Kombucha: What to Know Before You Sip
- Unexpected Places You Can Get Skin Cancer
- Pictures of Age Defying Hairstyles: How to Look Younger
- Better Eyebrows and Eyelashes in Pictures
- Quick Home Remedies for Puffy Face and Body
- Skin Conditions: Things That Look Scary but Aren't
Skin Conditions & Beauty Quizzes
- Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Quiz: Test Your Skin Disorders IQ
- Summer Skin Risks: Sunburn, Bug Bites & Poison Ivy
- Shingles Quiz: Symptoms, Vaccine & Pictures
- Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
- Rosacea Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hair Loss Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Sweating (Perspiration) Quiz: Test Your IQ
- Skin Quiz: Acne, Dry Skin, Dandruff & More
- Bed Bugs Quiz: How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- Acne (Pimples) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Dry Skin Quiz: Test Your Dry Skin IQ
- Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Skin Conditions Quiz: Common Skin Diseases