Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder. Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis and is characterized by red skin covered with silvery scales and inflammation. Patches of circular to oval shaped red plaques that itch or burn are typical of plaque psoriasis. The patches are usually found on the arms, legs, trunk, or scalp but may be found on any part of the skin. The most typical areas are the knees and elbows.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Skin Conditions & Beauty related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Skin Conditions & Beauty Related Resources
Skin Conditions & Beauty Articles
- What Is Itchy Skin A Sign Of?
- Canker Sores
- Can Actinic Keratosis Turn into Cancer?
- What Are the First Signs of Dermatomyositis?
- How Do You Treat Pyoderma Gangrenosum?
- What Causes Pyogenic Granulomas?
- What Triggers Dyshidrotic Eczema?
- What Triggers Scleroderma?
- What Triggers Lichen Planus?
- Can You Scratch or Pick Off A Seborrheic Keratosis?
- Sunburn (Sun Poisoning)
- What Is the Main Cause of Urticaria?
- Hair Loss
- Can You Scratch Off Seborrheic Dermatitis?
Skin Conditions & Beauty Medications
- metronidazole topical (MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel Pump) (MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroLotion and more)
- onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) (Botox, Botox Cosmetic) (Botox, Botox Cosmetic, Dysport)
- ustekinumab (Stelara, Stelara PFS) (Stelara)
- adapalene and benzoyl peroxide (topical) (Epiduo, Epiduo Forte, Epiduo Pump) (Epiduo)
- methyl aminolevulinate (topical) (Metvixia) (Metvixia)
- clindamycin and tretinoin (topical) (Veltin, Ziana) (Ziana)
- benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid (topical) (Cleanse & Treat, Cleanse & Treat Plus, Inova 4/1) (Cleanse & Treat, Inova 4/1, Inova 8/2)
- zoster vaccine live (Zostavax) (Zostavax)
- ammonium lactate and urea (topical) (Carb-O-Lac HP, Carb-O-Lac5, Ultralytic) (Ultralytic, Ultralytic 2)
- sodium hyaluronate (topical) (Bionect, Gelclair, HyGel) (Bionect, Gelclair, Hylira and more)
- dapsone topical (Aczone) (Aczone)
- calcitriol (topical) (Vectical) (Vectical)
- betamethasone and calcipotriene (topical) (Enstilar, Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp) (Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp)
- sertaconazole topical (Ertaczo) (Ertaczo)
- salicylic acid and urea topical (Carb-O-Sal5, Kerasal, Salvax Duo) (Kerasal)
Skin Conditions & Beauty Images and Slideshows
- Fungal Skin Infections: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments
- Alcohol: How Drinking Alcohol Affects Your Skin
- Summer Skin Dangers: Burns, Bites, Stings, and More
- Cellulitis: Pictures of Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
- Cellulite Facts and Treatment Options
- Bed Bug Bites: Fighting Back Against Bedbugs
- Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair
- Shingles Rash Pictures, Symptoms, Vaccine Facts
- Acne: Causes, Solutions and Treatments for Adults
- Kombucha: What to Know Before You Sip
- Health and Beauty: What You Should Know Before Getting Facial Fillers
- Skin Problems: A Visual Guide to Cysts
- 15 Ways to Wreck Your Skin
- Nail Disorders: What Nails Say About Your Health
- Skin Diseases: 15 Uncommon Skin Conditions
Skin Conditions & Beauty Quizzes
- Summer Skin Risks: Sunburn, Bug Bites & Poison Ivy
- Shingles Quiz: Symptoms, Vaccine & Pictures
- Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Quiz: Test Your Skin Disorders IQ
- Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
- Rosacea Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hair Loss Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Sweating (Perspiration) Quiz: Test Your IQ
- Skin Quiz: Acne, Dry Skin, Dandruff & More
- Bed Bugs Quiz: How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- Acne (Pimples) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Dry Skin Quiz: Test Your Dry Skin IQ
- Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Skin Conditions Quiz: Common Skin Diseases
Skin Conditions & Beauty News
- Smartphone Apps for Suspicious Skin Lesions Unreliable
- FDA Clears First Topical Form of Minocycline for Acne
- FDA Finds High Systemic Absorption of Sunscreen Ingredients
- Can Psoriasis Go Away on Its Own? What Happens if Psoriasis Is not Treated?
- How Long Does It Take to Recover from Shingles?
- How Do You Get Rid of Shingles?
- What’s the Best Thing to Put on Psoriasis?
- How Does Psoriasis Start Out?
- How Do You Get Rid of Psoriasis Naturally?
- Can You Die if You Have Psoriasis?
- FDA Clears Injectable Ascorbic Acid (Ascor) for Scurvy
- Cosmetic Surgery Advertising on Instagram Misleading
- iPhone Cases Recalled; Liquid Inside Can Burn Skin
- Should FDA Have Power to Recall Beauty Products?
- Study Finds 4 in 10 Sunscreens Fall Short on SPF