Psoriasis is a common and chronic skin disorder. Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis and is characterized by red skin covered with silvery scales and inflammation. Patches of circular to oval shaped red plaques that itch or burn are typical of plaque psoriasis. The patches are usually found on the arms, legs, trunk, or scalp but may be found on any part of the skin. The most typical areas are the knees and elbows.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Skin Conditions & Beauty related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Skin Conditions & Beauty Related Resources
Skin Conditions & Beauty Articles
- The Best Treatments to Get Rid of Acne
- What Are Ointments Used For?
- What Are the Best Treatments for Itchy Scalp?
- What Causes Ringworm?
- What Is the Main Cause of Psoriasis?
- Rash (Causes, Types, and Cures)
- Yeast Infection (Candida, Candidiasis)
- How Does A Person Get Pityriasis Rosea?
- Are Boils Contagious?
- Is Dandruff (Seborrhea) Contagious?
- Is Poison Ivy Contagious?
- Are Bedbugs Contagious?
- Is Eczema Contagious?
- Are Skin Rashes Contagious?
Skin Conditions & Beauty Medications
- metronidazole topical (MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel Pump) (MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroLotion and more)
- onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) (Botox, Botox Cosmetic) (Botox, Botox Cosmetic, Dysport)
- ustekinumab (Stelara, Stelara PFS) (Stelara)
- adapalene and benzoyl peroxide (topical) (Epiduo, Epiduo Forte, Epiduo Pump) (Epiduo)
- methyl aminolevulinate (topical) (Metvixia) (Metvixia)
- clindamycin and tretinoin (topical) (Veltin, Ziana) (Ziana)
- benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid (topical) (Cleanse & Treat, Cleanse & Treat Plus, Inova 4/1) (Cleanse & Treat, Inova 4/1, Inova 8/2)
- zoster vaccine live (Zostavax) (Zostavax)
- ammonium lactate and urea (topical) (Carb-O-Lac HP, Carb-O-Lac5, Ultralytic) (Ultralytic, Ultralytic 2)
- sodium hyaluronate (topical) (Bionect, Gelclair, HyGel) (Bionect, Gelclair, Hylira and more)
- dapsone topical (Aczone) (Aczone)
- calcitriol (topical) (Vectical) (Vectical)
- betamethasone and calcipotriene topical (Enstilar, Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp) (Taclonex, Taclonex Scalp)
- sertaconazole topical (Ertaczo) (Ertaczo)
- salicylic acid and urea topical (Carb-O-Sal5, Kerasal, Salvax Duo) (Kerasal)
Skin Conditions & Beauty Images and Slideshows
- Health and Beauty: The Worst Things You Can Put on Your Face
- Spider & Varicose Veins: Causes, Before and After Treatment Images
- Dieting Tips to Care for Your Skin
- Types of Psoriasis: Medical Pictures and Treatments
- Sun-Damaged Skin: Pictures of Sun Spots, Wrinkles, Sunburns
- Identify Birthmarks: Angel's Kiss, Strawberry Mark (Hemangiomas), Others
- Cosmetic Procedures: Botox, Laser, Peels Before and After Photos
- Plastic Surgery: Before and After Photos of Cosmetic Surgeries
- Skin & Health: How Your Skin Reveals Health Problems
- Fight Dandruff: How to Treat, Control, and Prevent Flakes
- Skin Problems and Treatments: Guide to Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Cold Sores Causes, Remedies, & Diagnosis
- Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis Rashes: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
- Skin and Beauty: How to Fade and Get Rid of Age Spots
- Psoriasis Types, Images, Treatments
Skin Conditions & Beauty Quizzes
- Summer Skin Risks: Sunburn, Bug Bites & Poison Ivy
- Shingles Quiz: Symptoms, Vaccine & Pictures
- Atopic Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Quiz: Test Your Skin Disorders IQ
- Skin and Makeup Quiz: Test Your Skin and Makeup IQ
- Rosacea Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hair Loss Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Sweating (Perspiration) Quiz: Test Your IQ
- Skin Quiz: Acne, Dry Skin, Dandruff & More
- Bed Bugs Quiz: How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- Acne (Pimples) Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Dry Skin Quiz: Test Your Dry Skin IQ
- Psoriasis Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Skin Conditions Quiz: Common Skin Diseases
Skin Conditions & Beauty News
- Promising Treatments for Acne and Molluscum Contagiosum
- 'Dr Pimple Popper' Shares Her Social Media Tips
- Psoriasis Guidelines Focus on Treatment of Adults
- About One Third of Older Americans Receive Shingles Vaccine
- Smartphone Apps for Suspicious Skin Lesions Unreliable
- FDA Clears First Topical Form of Minocycline for Acne
- FDA Finds High Systemic Absorption of Sunscreen Ingredients
- Can Psoriasis Go Away on Its Own? What Happens if Psoriasis Is not Treated?
- How Long Does It Take to Recover from Shingles?
- How Do You Get Rid of Shingles?
- What’s the Best Thing to Put on Psoriasis?
- How Does Psoriasis Start Out?
- How Do You Get Rid of Psoriasis Naturally?
- Can You Die if You Have Psoriasis?
- FDA Clears Injectable Ascorbic Acid (Ascor) for Scurvy