Smoke Inhalation

What was the treatment for your smoke inhalation? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Jason, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I'm still unsure how my smoke inhalation was treated. I was told when I woke up in the Intensive care unit, I was one lucky man, the doctor said that I am meant to be here, and he is glad he studied medicine. I was put on oxygen, and injected with morphine whilst in hospital, then when I was discharged was given steroids and asthma puffers. Three years on and I am now on a CPAP machine and have also been told that I need an oxygen concentrator!

Comment from: lorry, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 26

We moved into a house that had been renovated after a fire, my daughter's bedroom has a cubby hole under the stairs, and they just put Kilz on it and painted. Now even 3 years later her room smells like electrical rubber burning and I am concerned for her health. She is very sick lately, she will not sleep upstairs and I do not know how to fix this other than ripping walls and tearing the stairs out.

Comment from: Coconut, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I was watching a movie on my iPad when I burned the beans. I didn't notice the smoke! I turned off the stove, turned on fans, opened doors, and crawled out to the porch. I am 89 and I live alone. Always put the timer on when cooking, and be sure your smoke alarm has a fresh battery. Mine didn't, but it does now.

Medically reviewed by Reviewed by Joseph T. Palermo, DO; Board Certification Internal Medicine/Geriatric Medicine

REFERENCE: