Sudden Cardiac Arrest

What caused your sudden cardiac arrest? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Rob, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 11

My sudden cardiac arrest occurred on August 7, 2018, at the age of 29 years old. I have no heart issues. In fact the doctors could not find a cause for the arrest. The last thing I remember was waking up in the hospital. I spent a week in a coma and 3 weeks in ICU. I was luckily not alone when my arrest happened. And CPR was started right away. If it had not been I would have died. I was shocked and had CPR for about 10 minutes. I now have a SICD (subcutaneous implantable cardioverter defibrillator) in my chest in the event that my heart stops in the future.

Comment from: Pickles, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I am an active 50 year old female. The only thing doctor contributed to my sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) was low potassium. I had a stress test prior to my SCA and scored 110 percent and was told that my heart is in pristine condition. I was sitting in a restaurant and my eyes just closed. If not for CPR I would be dead!

Comment from: Monica, 19-24 (Caregiver) Published: March 17

My healthy, fit 19 year old son collapsed in my daughter's kitchen in October. He was in asystole (sudden cardiac arrest) when the emergency medical technicians arrived (my daughter had started CPR), and my son was dead less than an hour later. His autopsy and toxicology revealed his death as undetermined. I am so angry that everyone treated my son as a drug overdose (he didn't do drugs)!

Comment from: del r, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I was a truck driver. I collapsed next to my truck. I woke up three days later in the hospital. I was told that I was very lucky to have survived a cardiac arrest.

QUESTION

Sudden cardiac arrest means the heart has stopped beating. See Answer
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW