Supraventricular Tachycardia

If known, what caused your SVT/PSVT? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Barney S, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

I was an elite athlete for more than 10 years and suffered from SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) for most of it. I had my first SVT with 11 and didn’t know how to react and the frequency increased over the years until reaching 5 or 6 crises per day! I have had 2 ablation surgeries which didn’t work out. I am now 27, I quit my sport as it was getting not possible for me to train properly anymore. I am not taking any medication and still do some sport for my pleasure but still suffering from SVT almost by any sport activity.

Comment from: CHEVY, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 27

I had severe episodes of extreme rapid heartbeat that started when I was 21 year old and continued on for 15 years. I was treated for everything but the correct diagnosis which was awful. I never took anything prescribed to me as I was told I have anxiety and panic attacks. I found a cardiologist who looked at my ongoing issues and the heart machine reading of 299 bpm. He gave it the name SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) and had me in surgery 6 weeks later. My 1st surgery was unsuccessful due an extra hole in the AV (atrioventricular) node and my tachycardia was so fast they had a lot of precautions to take. Years have passed and I feel amazing and took up kickboxing, running, and now I am a personal trainer so teach others to take care of their health and listen to their body.

QUESTION