What Is the Survival Rate for Stage 3 Breast Cancer?: The five-year survival rate for stage III breast cancer is relatively high -- it can be over 80%, depending on the sub-stage.
Must Read Articles:
Breast CancerBreast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer in women. Symptoms and signs of breast cancer include breast lumps, nipple discharge or inversion, or changes in the breast's skin. Treatment typically involves some type of surgery and depends upon the staging of the cancer, the tumor type, and the person's health.
Breast Cancer Diagnosis Screening DetectionBreast cancer diagnosis includes screening methods, such as mammograms, clinical breast exams, MRIs, and breast self-exams, tissue biopsy, and specialized testing to look for tumor markers.
Breast Cancer in ChildrenBreast cancer is a disease in which malignant cancer cells form in the tissues of the breast. Breast cancer may occur in both male and female children. Breast cancer is the most common cancer among females aged 15 to 39 years, which is more aggressive and more difficult to treat than in older women. Treatments for younger and older women are similar.
Breast Cancer Survival Rates and PrognosisWhen you catch it early, breast cancer can be treated effectively in many cases. Depending on the stage of the cancer, the five-year survival rate can range from 100 percent to 22 percent if the cancer is detected at stage IV.
Breast Cancer Treatment and StagingBreast cancer is staged 0 through IV, with IV being the most severe. Treatment is based on the individual woman and how her cancer responds. Therapies include chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal therapy and surgery.
Breast Cancer in Children Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant cancer cells form in the tissues of the breast. Breast cancer may occur in both male and female children. Breast cancer is the most common cancer among females aged 15 to 39 years, which is more aggressive and more difficult to treat than in older women. Treatments for younger and older women are similar.
Expert Views and News
- Fast MRI Improves Breast Cancer Screening
- FAQ: Parabens and Breast Cancer
- Blood Test Could Give Early Breast Cancer Warning
- After Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Are Other Tests Overdone?
- Breast Cancer Radiation for Older Women?
- Anti-Estrogen Combo Better for Late Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves New Breast Cancer Drug Perjeta
- Child Cancer Radiation Raises Breast Cancer Risk
- 'Magic Bullet' Drug Delays Breast Cancer Worsening
- Eat Broccoli (or Bok Choy), Beat Breast Cancer?
- Dietary Cadmium, Breast Cancer Link?
- Avastin May Help Fight Early Breast Cancer
- Are Fears That Deodorant Causes Breast Cancer Unfounded?
- Does Fertility Treatment Raise Breast Cancer Risk?
- Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer May Raise Risk of Falls
- Breast Cancer Drug Eribulin Extends Survival
- FDA Moves to Pull Avastin Breast Cancer Approval
- False-Positive Mammograms Linked to Breast Cancer
- Dense Breasts Linked to Breast Cancer Return
- Exercise Fights Breast Cancer
- Ear Wax, Body Odor: Breast Cancer Link?
- Black Cohosh Tied to Breast Cancer Spread