Swollen Lymph Nodes

What were the symptoms of your swollen lymph nodes? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Robert, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 30

The constant flushing in the face and neck that I have been experiencing since my whole thyroid was removed two years ago, is something that is very hard to explain to others or getting used to. Now that I know it is a swollen lymph node it'll be so much easier to treat it and/or discuss with my doctor.

Comment from: Uneem, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I have armpit fat in both of my arms. My right armpit is bigger than the left one. It is fluffy and never hurts and I have stretch marks there. But since last week my right armpit fat and the stretch marks there hurts and it radiates to my whole arm and to my back. I also have tingling feeling in my right ear and throat. I wonder if it is because of a swollen lymph node in my armpit. But I have no other issues. My shoulder and arm hurt a lot that I can't sleep well. I can't understand the reason behind.

Comment from: LyvvyBear, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

I keep getting lumps in the area between my breast and armpit. I don't know if they are swollen lymph nodes or not. But they hurt, like an annoying hurt. They hurt whenever my arm is down, mostly. But they still hurt otherwise. I can't touch it without wincing in pain.

Comment from: Jack, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 26

I have a swollen lymph node behind my left ear for 4 years and now I have swollen lymph nodes that are 1.3 cm and 1.4 cm, behind my left ear, 2.7 and 2.1 cm in the corner of the lower jaw (left) and a new one noticeable on the left side of the neck (cervical lymph nodes) and behind the right ear. All doctors told me that it wasn't worthy of consideration but I was very scared and went to a hematologist. She told me to take antibiotics because it is an infection and not cancer but I feel worse and have fever. The ultrasound shows that are reactive and elliptic and also they maintain their getaway. I am having an exam again in two weeks, an ultrasound and blood tests for HIV, and hepatitis CTL.

Comment from: Alp, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I had surgery to C4-C5 3 months ago. A cadaver bone was used with clamp. Surgery went great. Now I have swollen lymph nodes along the right side of my neck to front and pain to the base of my skull to the neck. It's painful to the touch and it feels like there is something caught in my throat. I was sent to the emergency room. All blood work is normal and CT scan shows slight enlargement of 1.1 x 1.7 cm sinus, and throat and tonsil show no infection. I run a slight fever and it feels large to me; like there is something in my throat.

Comment from: Maude, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 30

I am right now having swollen lymph nodes, which have been there for quite some time. My blood work came back normal but I did have some small lymph nodes in the abdomen area. I am not really getting anything with the doctors.

Comment from: Big Oak, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 03

I feel like someone ran me over with a bulldozer. I currently have MRSA that infection that causes me to have outbreaks like cysts mainly on the places that I shave, my neck and face. And know I have a doctor telling me that my left side lymph nodes are way huge. I don't even know where to start.

Comment from: Kara, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

Scan shows enlarged mesenteric lymph node. I have occasional sparking pain vertically from appendix area upward, and breathing stress with food all the time. While taking pantoprazole helps, it seems that potato chips or products may be the cause of the sparking pain. I wonder if potatoes can cause lymph node reactions. Perhaps an intolerance. I have endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled. No gallbladder stones. I didn't know about mesenteric lymph nodes before this.

Comment from: Brandt, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 03

I have swollen lumps that hurt to the touch under my left armpit. It is in the location of lymph nodes but I've been told it could be a cyst.

Comment from: BECKIEANN6, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I had breast cancer about 8 years ago. I had the infected one and my other one removed. I was able to get 4 chemotherapies before the doctor said no more, as it was hurting me. I do have a swollen lymph node in my throat for at least 3 years that bothers me and I cough a lot. But my doctor said he thought my first one would go down. That was a week ago and now my other side is swelling.

Comment from: honey, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I've had sore lymph glands on the neck for 10 days now. I have rectal temperature of 99.7 and stiffness in the neck.

Comment from: 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 18

Swelling of lymph nodes was obvious. Only other symptom was night sweats.

Comment from: Chrislane2010, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 30

I have very mild case of shingles, at least that's what I've been diagnosed with. I woke up yesterday and my jaw was hurting when eating. I've been told it's not unusual to get this, it's slightly swollen from neck to ear. I don't have a cold but had a bit of sore throat in the morning but it is gone now. I am on antiviral medicines, didn't know if they cause these swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: LalA, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

My lymph nodes in the armpit are swollen and painful.

Comment from: jos, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 20

My lymph nodes are swelling all the way from the neck to the abdomen.

Comment from: chaz, Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I have bloody mucus also besides swollen lymph nodes.

Comment from: June, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 09

My neck and jaw are swollen on the right side, and I have hard time eating.

Comment from: gena, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 02

I have two lymph nodes under my jaw. They are hard to touch but not painful. I have sore throat when I close my mouth. When I cough, my ears pop. Sometimes I feel like something is stuck my throat.

Comment from: raj, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 09

I broke my lower right leg almost 20 years ago. The orthopedic surgeon placed a metal plate attached with screws to my tibia. He took a section of my fibula to make a paste to cover broken area. When running my foot turns out and makes it difficult to make cuts to either side, especially to the left, without losing my balance and falling. This can even happen when walking.

American Cancer Society. "Lymph Nodes and Cancer." 14 April 2015.

Johns Hopkins Medicine. "Lyphadenitis." 12 March 2016.