Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)

What caused your tennis elbow? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: oroxann2001, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 03

I crochet a lot. Apparently on my last project I overused my right arm. Now I can't hold a coffee cup in my right hand. The pain from tennis elbow has cost me several nights of sleep. I am in treatment now and have stopped my crochet habit for a while. I get my splint tomorrow and hope it relieves some of the pain during movement of my hand and wrist.

Comment from: Mikegotcha123, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 30

My tennis elbow was caused by excessive rotation of forearm to generate heavy topspin from both sides in addition to using a poly string which is very stiff. Age is a factor as well.

Comment from: Susan, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I work on projects at home all the time and sanding a piece of furniture resulted in pain so severe I couldn't lift a drink out of the drink holder. I got a cortisone shot for my tennis elbow but after 5 months, the pain is back, and I have not sanded anything since.

Comment from: coffeegirl22, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

I work in a hair salon, and got my tennis elbow from sweeping hair. Pretty hard to not do it since it is a daily part of my job. I live on Motrin and can't hold anything without extreme pain.

Comment from: Lici, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I am a wheelchair user and pushing myself around in the chair caused my tennis elbow.

Comment from: mel1028, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

I am having severe pain in the elbow and when I burp I have severe knife stabbing pains in my elbow. I cannot straighten my arm. I am left handed and it is my left elbow. I take care of my grandsons daily, and one is a year old.

Comment from: theresa, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I got a tennis elbow when I tried to lift a heavy object and felt the tear immediately. I should have been more careful.

Comment from: Tiger, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 07

My tennis elbow caused by playing too much tennis. I also had the wrong tennis string with high tension.

• Tennis Elbow - Treatment

What treatments did you receive for tennis elbow?

Post View 1 Comment
  • Tennis Elbow - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your tennis elbow?

Post View 6 Comments
  • Tennis Elbow - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid developing tennis elbow?

Post

REFERENCE:

Klippel, J.H., et al. Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases. New York: Springer, 2008.