Testicular Torsion

What symptoms did you experience with testicular torsion? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: swink123, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 14

I've dealt with testicular torsion or twisting of the testicle on and off for probably 15 years (every other year). Solution is very tight spandex or Speedo, but the sure fix is cupping your testicle in your hand tightly up toward you stomach for about 30 minutes causing the testicle to heat up and you will start to feel your testicle untwist in your hand. This might have to be done a couple of times because it will want to twist again as you walk.

Comment from: bunny, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: February 10

I don't have pain but I have seen that my right testicle is little up than my left.

Comment from: tgriffen, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 18

I am hoping to find someone online that may shed some light on my situation. I had a scrotal mass hematoma that attached itself to my left spermatic cord. I had surgery last month to remove the mass and was almost 100% guaranteed to lose the left testicle as well. At one point I was told I may lose both based on the circulatory history I have even in this area. I had the surgery and they saved both. I have had chronic pain for three months including before and after the surgery. My urologist told me if he injected a nerve block and the pain went away for 5 hours, the testicle will have to be removed, which happened. I now face removal later this month or next month. I tell the doctors that the right one is hurting worse than the left and they call it referred pain.

Comment from: KeninRI, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 03

I suffered from extreme pain in the groin area on and off for 10 years. I was told it's called intermittent torsion. The pain was so bad at times I found myself curled up in a ball on the floor. I couldn't catch my breath, and sweat poured out of me as if I was in a shower. When the pain stopped I would walk off the soreness and I would be fine. This happened every two to four months.

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: August 10

The pain woke me up and the pain even shot through to my knee and abdomen making it hard to walk or sit. I don't know how you would not go right to the hospital, as excruciating pain understates what I felt. The pain brought me to sweats, nausea, and paleness along with chills, but once in the ER, I was quickly given hydromorphone, which helped a lot. After a confirming sonogram, the surgery was done but was not bad.

Comment from: 55-64 Male Published: February 15

I was diagnosed with torsion. I had prior trauma. One night the testicle swelled very large. It was very painful.

Comment from: annom, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

My left testicle was swollen and painful when walking and I also had low abdominal pain.

Comment from: anonymous lad, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 15

I feel pain in my left testicle and it makes it hard for me to walk. I also have sore erections.

Comment from: milindbo, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 20

With my testicular torsion, I had nausea, vomiting, and pains radiating to inner thigh and in my groin.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 04

With testicular torsion, I experienced pain during and after sex.

Medically reviewed by Michael Wolff, MD; American Board of Urology

REFERENCE:

"Evaluation of the acute scrotum in adults"
UpToDate.com