Thrombocytopenia (Low Platelet Count) In the Blood)

What were the symptoms of your thrombocytopenia? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: pfox333, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 23

I have known for about 10 years when I was weak and no appetite, that I have thrombocytopenia. After testing they found that platelets were in a range of 55 to 85 (below 100). In the last 6 months symptoms got worse and now causing joint pain in my lower back. They have told me that it is incurable but when I bleed and cannot stop I am to seek help and maybe transfusion. I am also diabetic.

Comment from: Jim, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 08

My platelets have been no higher than 17. My daughter was four not too long ago. With thrombocytopenia anything under 10 you are supposed to be bleeding out of your skin, apparently she didn't.

Comment from: Grieving, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 06

After being treated with radiation and chemotherapy, my hubby could not have his last two chemotherapy treatments as his platelets were low! Three months later he had to have an emergency blood transfusion as his hemoglobin was 5 and platelet count was 30! He didn't make it. He was always tired. And lost his appetite. Now he is gone.

Comment from: Old Bob, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 21

I had thrombocytopenia occur after a cellulitis infection in one leg. The platelet count went from hero to zero within a week. The only treatment that worked was romiplostim. This forced extra platelet production and brought the count into a range where I could leave hospital. This treatment is ongoing for as long as it takes.

Comment from: Gee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

I am pregnant, with low platelet count (thrombocytopenia).

QUESTION