The thyroid gland is located on the front part of the neck below the thyroid cartilage (Adam's apple). The gland produces thyroid hormones, which regulate body metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important in regulating body energy, the body's use of other hormones and vitamins, and the growth and maturation of body tissues.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Thyroid & Metabolism related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Thyroid & Metabolism Related Resources
Thyroid & Metabolism Articles
- How Do I Know if I've Got Chronic Fatigue?
- How Do I Get Rid of Fat on My Stomach?
- How Quickly Does Adipex Work?
- Graves' Disease
- How Can I Lose Weight Fast Without Exercise?
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Nodules
- Why Did I Wake Up with My Legs So Swollen?
- Can I Drink Lemon Water During Intermittent Fasting?
- What Does an Endocrinologist Treat?
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Can You Drink Coffee While Intermittent Fasting?
Thyroid & Metabolism Medications
- pegvisomant (Somavert) (Somavert)
- doxercalciferol (oral/injection) (Hectorol) (Hectorol)
- cabergoline (Dostinex) (Dostinex)
- liothyronine (Cytomel) (Cytomel)
- thyroid desiccated (Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid) (Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, Westhroid)
- somatropin (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope) (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope and more)
- nafarelin nasal (Synarel) (Synarel)
- spironolactone (Aldactone, CaroSpir) (Aldactone)
- methyltestosterone (Android, Android-10, Methitest) (Android, Methitest, Testred)
- methimazole (Northyx, Tapazole) (Northyx, Tapazole)
- levothyroxine (oral/injection) (Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid and more)
- corticorelin ovine triflutate (Acthrel) (Acthrel)
- liotrix (Thyrolar-1, Thyrolar-1/2, Thyrolar-1/4) (Thyrolar-1, Thyrolar-1/2, Thyrolar-1/4 and more)