The thyroid gland is located on the front part of the neck below the thyroid cartilage (Adam's apple). The gland produces thyroid hormones, which regulate body metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important in regulating body energy, the body's use of other hormones and vitamins, and the growth and maturation of body tissues.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Thyroid & Metabolism related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Thyroid & Metabolism Related Resources
Thyroid & Metabolism Articles
- What Happens When You Have Hyperparathyroidism?
- What Are the Signs of Metabolic Syndrome?
- How Does Graves' Disease Affect the Body?
- Can You Tell If You Have Hypothyroidism by Looking at Your Hands?
- What Is the Most Common Cause of Addison’s Disease?
- Thyroid vs. Thymus: Are They the Same Thing?
- Thyroid Medications
- Graves' Disease
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Thyroid Problems
- Anatomy of the Endocrine System
- Thyroid Storm
Thyroid & Metabolism Medications
- pegvisomant (Somavert) (Somavert)
- doxercalciferol (oral/injection) (Hectorol) (Hectorol)
- cabergoline (Dostinex) (Dostinex)
- corticorelin ovine triflutate (Acthrel) (Acthrel)
- liotrix (Thyrolar-1, Thyrolar-1/2, Thyrolar-1/4) (Thyrolar-1, Thyrolar-1/2, Thyrolar-1/4 and more)
- liothyronine (Cytomel) (Cytomel)
- thyroid desiccated (Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid) (Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, Westhroid)
- somatropin (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope) (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope and more)
- nafarelin nasal (Synarel) (Synarel)
- spironolactone (Aldactone, CaroSpir) (Aldactone)
- methyltestosterone (Android, Android-10, Methitest) (Android, Methitest, Testred)
- methimazole (Northyx, Tapazole) (Northyx, Tapazole)
- levothyroxine (oral/injection) (Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid and more)
Thyroid & Metabolism Images and Slideshows
Thyroid & Metabolism Quizzes
Thyroid & Metabolism News
- FDA Approves Teprotumumab (Tepezza) First Treatment for Thyroid Eye Disease
- Mild Hypothyroidism Being Overtreated, Avoid Pills, Says Panel
- Can Hashimoto's Cause Other Autoimmune Diseases?
- Does Hashimoto's Disease Go away on Its Own?
- Can Hashimoto's Cause Cancer?
- Readmission Risk Highest in First Days After Thyroid Surgery
- Overtreating Hypothyroidism: Link to Atrial Fibrillation
- What Is the Best Treatment for Hashimoto’s Disease?
- Can Hashimoto’s Disease Be Cured?
- What Does Hashimoto’s Disease Do to Your Body?
- Does Hypothyroidism Explain Mona Lisa's Smile?
- FDA Approves Vimizim to Treat Rare Congenital Enzyme Disorder
- Calcium May Help Prevent Hormone Disorder
- Study: 'Thyroid Support' Supplements May Be Risky
- Metabolic Syndrome Linked to Memory Loss