The thyroid gland is located on the front part of the neck below the thyroid cartilage (Adam's apple). The gland produces thyroid hormones, which regulate body metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important in regulating body energy, the body's use of other hormones and vitamins, and the growth and maturation of body tissues.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Thyroid & Metabolism related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Thyroid & Metabolism Related Resources
Thyroid & Metabolism Articles
- Thyroid Disease Symptoms
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Growth Hormone Deficiency in Children
- Can Hashimoto's Cause Cancer?
- Myxedema (Crisis) Coma
- Anatomy of the Endocrine System
- Thyroid Nodules
- Thyroid Medications
- Thyroid Problems
- What Is the Best Treatment for Hashimoto’s Disease?
- Is Hashimoto’s Disease Fatal?
- Can Hashimoto’s Disease Be Cured?
- What Does Hashimoto’s Disease Do to Your Body?
Thyroid & Metabolism Medications
- pegvisomant (Somavert) (Somavert)
- doxercalciferol (Hectorol) (Hectorol)
- cabergoline (Dostinex) (Dostinex)
- corticorelin ovine triflutate (Acthrel) (Acthrel)
- liotrix (Thyrolar-1, Thyrolar-1/2, Thyrolar-1/4) (Thyrolar-1, Thyrolar-1/2, Thyrolar-1/4 and more)
- liothyronine (Cytomel) (Cytomel)
- thyroid desiccated (Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid) (Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, Westhroid)
- somatropin (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope) (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope and more)
- nafarelin nasal (Synarel) (Synarel)
- spironolactone (Aldactone, CaroSpir) (Aldactone)
- methyltestosterone (Android, Android-10, Methitest) (Android, Methitest, Testred)
- methimazole (Northyx, Tapazole) (Northyx, Tapazole)
- levothyroxine (Eltroxin, Euthyrox, Levo-T) (Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid and more)
Thyroid & Metabolism Images and Slideshows
Thyroid & Metabolism Quizzes
Thyroid & Metabolism News
- Readmission Risk Highest in First Days After Thyroid Surgery
- Overtreating Hypothyroidism: Link to Atrial Fibrillation
- Does Hypothyroidism Explain Mona Lisa's Smile?
- FDA Approves Vimizim to Treat Rare Congenital Enzyme Disorder
- Calcium May Help Prevent Hormone Disorder
- Study: 'Thyroid Support' Supplements May Be Risky
- Metabolic Syndrome Linked to Memory Loss
- Preeclampsia Linked to Reduced Thyroid Function
- Kudzu May Help Ease Metabolic Syndrome