The thyroid gland is located on the front part of the neck below the thyroid cartilage (Adam's apple). The gland produces thyroid hormones, which regulate body metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important in regulating body energy, the body's use of other hormones and vitamins, and the growth and maturation of body tissues.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Thyroid & Metabolism related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Thyroid & Metabolism Related Resources
Thyroid & Metabolism Articles
- Acromegaly FAQs
- Growth Hormone Deficiency FAQs
- What Is Growth Hormone Deficiency?
- Growth Hormone Deficiency in Children
- What Are the Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism in Females?
- What Are Early Warning Signs of Thyroid Problems?
- How Does the Thyroid Affect the Body?
- What Foods Should Be Avoided with Hypothyroidism?
- What Does It Mean When the TSH Level Is High?
- What Is the Best Medication for Hyperthyroidism?
- What Does an Endocrinologist Treat?
- Is Thyroid Cancer Deadly?
- Anatomy of the Endocrine System
- How Do You Feel When You Have Hyperthyroidism?
- What Happens If Hypothyroidism Is Left Untreated?
Thyroid & Metabolism Medications
- pegvisomant (Somavert) (Somavert)
- doxercalciferol (oral/injection) (Hectorol) (Hectorol)
- cabergoline (Dostinex) (Dostinex)
- corticorelin ovine triflutate (Acthrel) (Acthrel)
- liothyronine (Cytomel) (Cytomel)
- thyroid desiccated (Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, NP Thyroid) (Armour Thyroid, Nature-Throid, Westhroid)
- somatropin (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope) (Genotropin, Genotropin Miniquick, Humatrope and more)
- nafarelin nasal (Synarel) (Synarel)
- spironolactone (Aldactone, CaroSpir) (Aldactone)
- methyltestosterone (Android, Android-10, Methitest) (Android, Methitest, Testred)
- methimazole (Northyx, Tapazole) (Northyx, Tapazole)
- levothyroxine (oral/injection) (Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid and more)
- liotrix (Thyrolar-1, Thyrolar-1/2, Thyrolar-1/4) (Thyrolar-1, Thyrolar-1/2, Thyrolar-1/4 and more)
Thyroid & Metabolism Images and Slideshows
Thyroid & Metabolism Quizzes
Thyroid & Metabolism News
- What's Behind Brain Fog in Treated Hypothyroidism?
- FDA Approves Teprotumumab (Tepezza) First Treatment for Thyroid Eye Disease
- Mild Hypothyroidism Being Overtreated, Avoid Pills, Says Panel
- Can Hashimoto's Cause Other Autoimmune Diseases?
- Does Hashimoto's Disease Go away on Its Own?
- Can Hashimoto's Cause Cancer?
- Readmission Risk Highest in First Days After Thyroid Surgery
- Overtreating Hypothyroidism: Link to Atrial Fibrillation
- What Is the Best Treatment for Hashimoto’s Disease?
- Can Hashimoto’s Disease Be Cured?
- What Does Hashimoto’s Disease Do to Your Body?
- Does Hypothyroidism Explain Mona Lisa's Smile?
- FDA Approves Vimizim to Treat Rare Congenital Enzyme Disorder
- Calcium May Help Prevent Hormone Disorder
- Study: 'Thyroid Support' Supplements May Be Risky