Ticks: There are more than 800 species of ticks worldwide. Ticks transmit diseases such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Q fever, tularemia, babesiosis, and ehrlichiosis. Tick bite symptoms include fever, rash, weakness, nausea and vomiting. Treatment involves removing the tick with tweezers, cleaning the bite area with soap and water, and applying antibiotics to the bite.
Expert Views and News
- Tick-Borne Diseases Set U.S. Record in 2017
- Better Prevention of Tick-borne Diseases Needed
- Mosquito and Tick Diseases a Growing Threat
- Children's Treatments for Tickborne Diseases
- CDC Reports More Cases of Heartland Virus Disease
- Americans Diagnosed With Lyme Disease Annually
- New Tick-Borne Disease: 'Heartland Virus'
- Tick Season Starts Early: How to Protect Yourself and Your Pet
Ticks Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes: