Toothache

What were the symptoms of your toothache? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Chrissy78, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had a cracked tooth that the filling fell out of. I had it filled and now I'm getting pain that radiates to my ear, and major sensitivity to cold and pain with chewing. The dentist said I would need a root canal.

Comment from: Pratik, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 01

I have pain in my tooth on daily basis from morning to evening and sometimes I feel pain when I drink water. The pain lasts long, for more than 6 hours.

Comment from: sparky, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 24

I have a loose tooth which is extremely painful to hot and cold eating and everything. It's not the first one this has happened to and hope it falls out soon as the other did. I might need the dentist but it looks terrible and the pain of the injection might just be too much. In the meantime it is ibuprofen for me.

Comment from: zip, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I have tooth ache. My tooth is sensitive to both hot and cold. I don't know if this is nerve damage or cracked tooth.

• Toothache - Describe Your Experience

How did you cope with your toothache?

Post View 10 Comments
  • Toothache - Medical Treatment

What was the treatment for your toothache?

Post View 2 Comments
  • Toothache - Home Remedies

What home remedies alleviated the symptoms of your toothache?

Post View 5 Comments

Cohen, Leonard A. et al. "Toothache Pain: A Comparison of Visits to Physicians, Emergency Departments and Dentists." Journal of the American Dental Association 139.9 September 2008: 1205–1216.

Roblee, Richard. Interdisciplinary Dentofacial Therapy: A Comprehensive Approach to Optimal Patient Care. Chicago, IL: Quintessence Books, 1994: 45-53.