Toothache

What home remedies alleviated the symptoms of your toothache? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Mela, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I just used ground clove powder, pressing it directly onto the painful tooth area with my finger. It worked great! Until I could get home to get clove powder, swishing the area with water every time it started to hurt was very helpful.

Comment from: hurt tooth, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 28

I have had this toothache for a year off and on. It hadn't been bothering me up until today. The only thing that I found helps is clove oil and Excedrin extra strength but instantly the clove oil! I am telling you that is the major thing, so if you want instant relief buy the oil from an herbal store, make tiny cotton balls, drench it in the oil and put it on your tooth! Good luck to you!

Comment from: Rayven, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 28

I use Listerine for toothache.

Comment from: ntebo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

I took a tooth out 4 days ago but it is still painful. I am taking painkillers every few hours.

Comment from: Emma , 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

I have constant throbbing in the tooth. I have used many over the counter remedies but have just made it worse. It is always causing me to cry because of the pain.

Cohen, Leonard A. et al. "Toothache Pain: A Comparison of Visits to Physicians, Emergency Departments and Dentists." Journal of the American Dental Association 139.9 September 2008: 1205–1216.

Roblee, Richard. Interdisciplinary Dentofacial Therapy: A Comprehensive Approach to Optimal Patient Care. Chicago, IL: Quintessence Books, 1994: 45-53.