Torticollis (Wry Neck In Babies, Children, and Adults)

What stretches have you tried to alleviate your torticollis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: pat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I have had spasmodic torticollis for over 5 years. A physical therapist has me doing certain neck, shoulder, and arm stretching movements which do help and I have had Botox injections for about 2 years which help some. I walk a few blocks every day and that also helps. The chiropractor is also good (every week or less). Green Earth Naturals for deep green algae for the rich nutrients are very helpful.

Comment from: Over 65 female, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I have had torticollis for 20 years. I was treated by a neurologist with phenol injections. It helped so much I had a normal life. Botox doesn’t work for me. No medications, just the injections every 6 months. Need to find another doctor who gives phenol. My previous neurologist has retired! Hope you all get relief from this painful debilitating disease!

Comment from: Tirzah B., 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 16

My chiropractor and I agree I should try Botox for my torticollis but my family doctor has never heard of this treatment. I’m 71 and my doctor is older than I am. He won't consider a referral to a neurologist. Where I live you are lucky to have a doctor so I don't insist. I use heat a lot. The touching of opposite side to short circuit brain is effective for a few seconds. Anti-depressants help me cope and I have many other medical problems. No fun. I hope everyone finds the right treatment for them. My condition came on slowly over several years and pain only started a year ago.

SLIDESHOW