Torticollis (Wry Neck In Babies, Children, and Adults)

What was the cause of your torticollis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Marie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I was in a bad car smash nearly 3 years ago, and I spun around and slammed into another car. My neck was jarred and had to be cut out of my car. My head was ok till about 18 months ago, then my head started to tilt to the right and down. My doctor said nothing could be done about my torticollis because it's muscular, so I went to another general physician (GP) and got the same reply. Physiotherapy doesn't help. In the meantime my neck was getting worse, it was almost sitting on my shoulder. Eventually I found someone who is treating me with cupping and slowly my head is lifting up from my shoulder. Now my GP is going to send me to a specialist to have Botox.

Comment from: Jo, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I woke up with a stiff neck 15 weeks ago, and my head now sits on my right shoulder. I’m unable to walk or stand for long periods. I have had traction for torticollis that didn’t work, and now waiting for Botox. The pain is unbelievable and unbearable; the only relief I get is when I lie on my back which doesn’t help for very long if I have to get up.

Comment from: 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I got up with a very stiff neck and a week is gone and the pain is very bad. I just do not know the reason for my torticollis. Hope somebody can tell me what can be done.

SLIDESHOW