Tremors: There are two main categories of tremors, 1) normal, and 2) abnormal. Abnormal tremors can be classified as resting, postural (action), intention (ataxic), and rubral tremor. Causes of tremors are very diverse to include other diseases or conditions, medications, and toxins. Some clinical conditions are associated with types of tremors (such as familial and essential tremor). Parkinson tremor is generally associated with Parkinson's disease. Treatment for tremors depends up on the cause.
Substance Abuse People abuse substances such as drugs, alcohol, and tobacco for varied and complicated reasons, but it is clear that our society pays a significant cost. Symptoms and signs of substance abuse include forgetfulness, frequent hangovers, having blackouts, and getting into trouble with the law. Treatment typically involves counseling and prescription medications to control withdrawal symptoms and drug cravings.
Expert Views and News
- More Deaths, Illness Linked to Energy Drinks
- 5-Hour Energy Shots Linked to 13 Deaths
- How Much Caffeine Is in Your Energy Drink?
- Botox May Ease Multiple Sclerosis Tremors
- Device Calms Parkinson's Tremor for 3+ Years
- Antidepressants Aid Depressed Parkinson's Patients
- Weight Training Improves Parkinson's Symptoms
- Tai Chi Improves Symptoms of Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson's Disease May Raise Risk of Melanoma
- Parkinson's Patients Wait to See Doctor
- Antipsychotic Drugs Are Overused