Psoriasis Medications

What oral medications have helped your psoriasis symptoms and signs? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: OCCA, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I have had psoriasis since I was a round 20. After the birth of my son, I was constantly treated with topical medications and started using methotrexate when it was approved for psoriasis. When they came out with psoralen I was treated with the PUVA. I was probably between 45 and 50 years old at the time I started with this treatment. I was relieved of psoriasis and used this treatment far too long. Now at age 8l, I am so wrinkled and have such old looking skin I am ashamed to wear short sleeves and my face looks like a 100 year old. At the time I used PUVA I don't know if they knew the side effects. I would give anything to go back and know then what I know now. I now have psoriatic arthritis and get Remicade treatments and have no sign of psoriasis, but I do have keratosis all over my body.

QUESTION

Psoriasis causes the top layer of skin cells to become inflamed and grow too quickly and flake off. See Answer
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW