Urethritis in Men (cont.)
Medical Treatment for Urethritis
Infections cause most cases of urethritis.
- If you seem well otherwise, antibiotics are used.
- Various treatments are available.
- Sometimes you will get a shot (or antibiotic injection).
- The duration of treatment ranges from one to 14 days.
- In cases of a sexually transmitted infection, antibiotics are used routinely.
- In this situation, all sexual partners also require treatment.
- You should not have sex or you should use condoms until all partners have completed medical therapy.
- Anyone with signs of severe infection that has spread throughout the body may require admission to a hospital for IV antibiotics.
Must Read Articles Related to Urethritis in Men
Chlamydia is a sexual transmitted disease (STD)...learn more >>
Dysuria is the sensation of pain during urination and may be caused by a std or infection of the bladder, kidney, urethra, or prostate. A learn more >>
Gonorrhea is one of the most common learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Urethritis in Men: