Urethritis in Men

What were your symptoms for urethritis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: The Colonizer, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

I experience a white discharge after ejaculation. I have been having unprotected oral sex but my partner and I recently tested negative for STD/STI. Also, my bacteria count came back normal, but my doctor said my cells looked infected. Going to go to doctor again to check if it is urethritis.

Comment from: Aa, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 06

I am suffering from fluid discharge in my penis now, I am concerned that it is urethritis.

Comment from: razzakur, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: March 13

I had sex during the day, and then I started feeling pain while urinating. May be it is urethritis; this pain has been there almost 1 week now.

Comment from: grambocini, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: November 26

I am going thru my second, very painful, dose of urethritis/cystitis in six weeks. I'm on antibiotics and pain killers. I had an exam last week and they found a small tumor in my bladder. I'm having it removed next week.

Comment from: montani, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

I've been on antibiotics for 3 months for treatment of urethritis and am only somewhat better. I thought I'd be well by now.

Comment from: grousehouse, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 04

I have urethritis I constantly feel the need to urinate and have associated back pains.

Comment from: Takeshi, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I have urethritis and my symptoms are droplets of blood in the urine from the penis and pain upon urination.

Medically reviewed by Joseph Palermo, DO; American Osteopathic Board Certified Internal Medicine

Gaydos, C.A., N. Maldeis, A. Hardick, J. Hardick, and T.C. Quinn. "Mycoplasma Genitalium Compared to Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomonas as an Etiologic Agent of Urethritis in Men Attending STD Clinics." Sex Transm Infect. Apr. 20, 2009.

Moi, H., N. Reinton, and A. Moghaddam. "Mycoplasma Genitalium Is Associated With Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Non-gonococcal Urethritis in Men." Sex Transm Infect 85 Feb. 2009: 15-18..

Shahmanesh, M., H. Moi, F. Lassau, and M. Janier. "2009 European Guideline on the Management of Male Non-gonococcal Urethritis." Int J STD AIDS 20.7 July 2009: 458-464.

United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "2006 Guidelines for Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases." MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 55(RR-11): 1-94.

Wetmore, C.M., L.E. Manhart, and M.R. Golden. "Idiopathic Urethritis in Young Men in the United States: Prevalence and Comparison to Infections With Known Sexually Transmitted Pathogens." J Adolesc Health 45.5 Nov. 2009: 463-472.