Vaginal Infections

What were the symptoms of your vaginal infections? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Comfort james, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 06

I have pain, discharges from vagina and a little blood from vaginal infection; and I am not on period.

Comment from: Love, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

I always have a sore like condition around my lower vagina, it is very irritating. At times I also have a reddish vagina with pain when passing urine. I am concerned it is a vaginal infection.

Comment from: Bee, Female (Patient) Published: January 03

The article is quite informative, thank you. I am having a little challenge, I just got treated for malaria and typhoid, I was on period during the treatment, and I am almost through with my drugs. For about 2 days now, I notice severe itching and pain in my vaginal area, and it is always hot and reddish with burning. The veins attached to my vaginal and pelvic area are swollen. I never changed sex partner, and only had sex before I was sick. I am in pain.

Comment from: leelas, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have no discharge, no odor, but I have intense itching on my vagina with rash {bumps} from scratching, and I burn when urinating and there is swelling. At first we thought it was a yeast infection, but the medicine hasn't cleared it up. I wonder what else could cause this vaginal infection.

Comment from: Lunga, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 11

I'm having a burning pain after urinating, itching on the outside layers of my vagina and this vaginal infection happened after long exciting sex.

Comment from: maryjoe67522, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I had been going through a rough patch in life. I was cheated on, let myself go, and was going through bodily changes I was not prepared for; and a vaginal yeast infection threw my world further down. I had to get myself checked, I didn't know what was wrong with me. I thought I had gotten an STD from my cheating partner. But no, the doctor tells me it was yeast infection. The doctor gave me a cream to insert up my vagina and I had to insert it for 7 days. On the 7th day, I thought I was cured, hadn't seen any sign of it, next day, bam back again. I found the Lady Soma candida cleanse. After 1-2 weeks into taking two pills faithfully every day, my vaginal infection has cleared up. I want to make a note that apple cider vinegar helps combat yeast infections, so I add 1 tbsp of it to a glass or cup of water daily, and taking a multivitamin every day doesn't hurt either.

Comment from: Estella, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I am 28 years of age and had gone through medical abortion. I am having itching and white discharge in my vagina. Eagerly looking for medical help for my vaginal infection.

Comment from: jazzy, Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I have a vaginal infection too. It is itchy and I have a yellowish discharge. I feel so terrible that my husband left me because of that. Feels like I want to end my life.

Comment from: Emmanuela, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

For the past 5 years I have been having vaginal discharge, odor, and itching. I have seen my doctor, who put me on medication, but the symptoms still occur, especially after sexual intercourse.

Comment from: Tiffany, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I have pain during intercourse, odor, discharge, and itching sometimes.

Comment from: halle, 7-12 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

I have vaginal infection right now. It burns when I urinate. It's kind of smelly when I urinate, too.

Comment from: vicksbd, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

With my infection, I have severe itching and thick, white discharge.

Comment from: mishie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

With my vaginal infection, I had stomach pain and discharge that smelled bad.

Comment from: Becky, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I have a slight itch, no odor, small amount of discharge, (off whitish) burning, but not while peeing. I tried the 3-day yeast infection treatment, but did not go away. I now bought a maximum strength anti-burning, itch cream, says it is the strongest you can buy. When I applied it, the burning was terrible.

Comment from: lucy, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 28

I have vaginal discharge that is yellow in color and has an odor. I also have itching and painful sexual intercourse.

Comment from: pappy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

Before I was diagnosed with a vaginal infection, I had a foul, smelly discharge and burning after intercourse.

• Vaginal Infections - Experience

What was your experience with vaginal infections?

Post View 19 Comments
  • Vaginal Infection Self-Care - Home Remedies

What was the effective home remedies for your vaginal infection?

Post View 2 Comments

ACOG Committee on Practice Bulletins--Gynecology. ACOG Practice Bulletin. Clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynecologists, Number 72, May 2006: Vaginitis. Obstet Gynecol. 2006 May;107(5):1195-1206.

Gor, HB, MD. "Vaginitis." Medscape. Updated: Nov 13, 2017.
<http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/257141-overview>