Vaginal Prolapse

What were the symptoms of your vaginal prolapse? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: KegelMaster, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I have had every symptom listed for vaginal prolapse. I had UTI (urinary tract infection) after UTI, pain, cramping and constipation. Not really one for doctor's visits, I do have my annual exam and went to my doctor, Planned Parenthood and the emergency room. So far, they just can't seem to work out what the problem is. The only thing anyone has said (the obstetrician) is that lovely word, prolapse.

Comment from: Judy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 15

With my vaginal prolapse, it protrudes whenever I am walking around, and do a lot bending and stooping or lifting. However, I wind up having back pain, and one morning I tried to stand up straight and couldn't because it felt like all my (hamstrings) or muscles were pulling in my lower back of upper legs and hips connecting to my back. I had to stretch and sit and do a little walking in the house (bent over) before it cleared up.

Comment from: Omgbeccababy , 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

Just recently discovered I have a stage three uterine prolapse which seems to have happened rather suddenly. I had a baby via vaginal birth with no drugs when I was 17. I'm now 29 and facing a hysterectomy. I'm struggling with this and feel as though I'm freakishly young to be going through this.

Comment from: Margaret, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 09

I am looking for suggestions on how to get relief from surgery to repair my vaginal prolapse. It feels like the 'baby' is going to fall out every time I do any activity that involves standing which means I can't exercise.

Comment from: NCS, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I've had dryness, feeling of pressure below, and I've been urinating more. I just found out that I have this and I also have a cervical prolapse (now that I have insurance).

• Vaginal Prolapse - Causes

What caused your vaginal prolapse?

Post View 5 Comments
  • Vaginal Prolapse - Treatment

What was the treatment for your vaginal prolapse?

Post View 3 Comments
  • Vaginal Prolapse - Surgery

Please describe your experience with vaginal prolapse surgery.

Post View 3 Comments

REFERENCE:

MedscapeReference.com. Uterine prolapse in Emergency Medicine.