Vaginal Prolapse

What was the treatment for your vaginal prolapse? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Kat, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I have had no treatment yet for vaginal prolapse, I just feel pressure. I knew long ago it felt like something just fell down from inside. I would not dream of having sex, it protrudes outward, feels like a tampon half way in. Weird. Thank you for all the information and sharing. I will now seek a doctor. I have twice before, but they missed it. Never asked me to sit up, and you cannot tell when lying down. I feel when I need bowel movements, it protrudes even more, and pressure is forcing it downward. Once done, I feel it goes back up some. Oh lucky me, 6I years old. Welcome to the golden years!

Comment from: linlee, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

After examining me, my gynecologist said I have vaginal wall prolapse and that no treatment was necessary. After reading a lot about this condition, I am concerned with the no treatment plan. As there is visible tissue seen in the vaginal opening seems to me it won't go away or get better with no treatment.

Comment from: moonlite, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I had a vaginal prolapse due to bowels pushing outward. I had surgery to fix the problem and doctors found a 12 cm cyst between the vaginal wall and bowels. Surgery was the only option.

• Vaginal Prolapse - Causes

What caused your vaginal prolapse?

Post View 5 Comments
  • Vaginal Prolapse - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your vaginal prolapse?

Post View 6 Comments
  • Vaginal Prolapse - Surgery

Please describe your experience with vaginal prolapse surgery.

Post View 3 Comments

REFERENCE:

MedscapeReference.com. Uterine prolapse in Emergency Medicine.