Viewer Comments: Vaginal Prolapse - Surgery

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vaginal Prolapse:

Vaginal Prolapse - Surgery

Please describe your experience with vaginal prolapse surgery.

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

I had vaginal prolapse surgery 6 years ago. It has left me with my left side very painful and also has left me with a very painful hip. I have a very painful limp now. I have been sick all around my lower stomach for 7 1/2 months. I have been to the doctors twice and got nowhere.

Comment from: Mummy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 02

Hello ladies I had a severe prolapsed uterus, bladder, and bowel that got worse over a six-year period. I was too scared to have anything done about it. I got to the stage where I couldn't go out anywhere due to the bleeding and pain from it not to mention the incontinence. I had a vaginal repair a few days ago. I don't know how I even made it to the hospital due to the state of my nerves. I honestly can say to anyone who needs this operation not to be scared like I was. I came around in no pain and went home the next day.

Comment from: karen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 27

I had a problem with my bowels. I had went two months without a bowel movement. I was very ill and with all the pushing and straining I had to do, my uterus became very weak. I was vomiting and I was admitted to hospital and a pump was put in place to suck feces out. I have had my prolapse for six months and I'm just now getting the surgery done.

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vaginal Prolapse:

Vaginal Prolapse - Causes

What caused your vaginal prolapse?

Vaginal Prolapse - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your vaginal prolapse?

Vaginal Prolapse - Treatment

What was the treatment for your vaginal prolapse?