Must Read Articles:
Bacterial PneumoniaBacterial pneumonia is an infection of the lungs. People with pneumonia usually experience coughing, fever, shortness of breath, and chest pain. Pneumonia is a leading cause of death from infection.
BronchitisBronchitis is acute or chronic inflammation of the air passages in the lungs. There are several viruses and bacteria that cause bronchitis. Exposure to pollutants or tobacco smoke are also at risk. Bronchitis is contagious if it is viral or bacterial. It is not contagious if it is due to smoking, air pollution, and other inhaled irritants. Symptoms of bronchitis include cough, sore throat, wheezing, fever, chills, etc. Treatment for bronchitis depends on the cause.
Chemical PneumoniaChemical pneumonia is a type of lung irritation. Many substances can cause chemical pneumonia including liquids, gasses, dust, fumes, and lung aspiration. Symptoms and signs of chemical pneumonia include burning eyes, lips, mouth, throat, dry cough, nausea, abdominal pain, chest pain, headache, and pleuritis. Treatment of chemical pneumonia depends on the toxic and amount of exposure.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention TipsSevere acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the virus that causes COVID-19. Reduce your risk of infection with the following tips: wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol; avoid touching your face if your hands aren't washed; practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet).
Expert Views and News
- Chloroquine, Zinc, Vitamins to Prevent COVID-19
- CDC Issues New COVID-19 Return-to-Work Guidelines
- Doctors Puzzle Over COVID-19 Lung Problems
- COVID-19: Red Cross Wants Blood Plasma Antibodies
- Anti-Parasite Drug Ivermectin Stunts COVID-19
- COVID-19 'Infodemic': Coronavirus Misinformation
- COVID-19: More Hydroxychloroquine Data From France
- 'Stealth Transmission' of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Is Hydroxychloroquine the Answer?
- CDC Expert Answers Top COVID-19 Questions
- Warning Against NSAID Use in Coronavirus
- 'Overwhelming' Number of COVID-19 Cases Expected
- Dialysis Should Continue Despite COVID-19; CDC
- Hillary Clinton's Pneumonia: Expert Q&A
Viral Pneumonia Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes:
Viral Pneumonia Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Dexamethasone and tobramycin ophthalmic (for the eyes) is a combination antibiotic and steroid medicine that is used to treat eye inflammation caused by uvei...learn more »
Rimantadine is an antiviral medicine used to treat or prevent influenza A in people who are at least 17 years old. Rimantadine is also used to pre...learn more »