Vision Correction Surgery: Vision correction surgery changes the cornea to focus light on the back of the eye without the need for corrective lenses. There are several types of vision correction surgery, including:
- radial keratotomy (RK),
- photorefractive keratotomy (PRK),
- laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK),
- femtosecond laser-assisted LASIK (iLASIK),
- laser thermal keratoplasty (LTK),
- conductive keratoplasty (CK),
- intracorneal ring segments (ICR),
- phakic intraocular lens implants, and
- presbyopic refractive lens exchange (PRELEX).
Contact Lenses Contact lenses are miraculous pieces of plastic that allow you to see without glasses. In most cases, contact lenses are used as a substitute for glasses, allowing you to dispense with them in many situations.