Viewer Comments: Vision Correction Surgery - Patient Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vision Correction Surgery:

Vision Correction Surgery - Patient Experience

Did you have vision correction surgery? Tell us about your experience.

Comment from: Veronica , 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I was surprised that I had to do so much after-care such as drops and my eyes after LASIK surgery for vision correction. I have been very sensitive to pool and ocean water. I now have to put in eye drops at least 3 times a day which I did not have to prior to the surgery.

Comment from: Pstone, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 04

I had Lasik surgery 20 years ago for vision correction. All went well. I had cataract surgery which worsened my distance vision one year ago. It is suggested I have PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) on the eye that has worsened to improve my distance vision.

Must Read Articles Related to Vision Correction Surgery

Contact Lenses
Contact Lenses Contact lenses are miraculous pieces of plastic that allow you to see without glasses. In most cases, contact lenses are used as a substitute for glasses, allow...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Vision Correction Surgery:

Vision Correction Surgery - Side Effects

What were the adverse side effects you experienced as a result of vision correction surgery?