What Are the Common Signs of Stress?: Stress is the body’s reaction to physical, mental, or emotional pressures. It affects each person differently, and some people may experience physical and emotional symptoms as reactions to stressors. Irritability, anxiety, worry and loss of a sense of humor can all be signs of stress.
Must Read Articles:
Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)Post-traumatic stress disorder, also known as PTSD, is among only a few mental disorders that are triggered by a disturbing outside event, quite unlike other psychiatric disorders such as depression. PTSD symptoms include re-experiencing the event, avoiding anything that reminds you of the event, negative changes in thinking and mood, and changes in arousal or reactivity. PTSD treatment can include medication and therapy.
Stress HealthEveryone is familiar with stress. We experience it in varying forms and degrees every day. In small doses, stress can actually be beneficial to us. Stress symptoms include anxiety, distraction, nervousness, internal pressure, and irritability. The first step in managing stress is to identify the cause.
Stress: Causes, Symptoms, Types, Treatment, and Management Everyone is familiar with stress. We experience it in varying forms and degrees every day. In small doses, stress can actually be beneficial to us. Stress symptoms include anxiety, distraction, nervousness, internal pressure, and irritability. The first step in managing stress is to identify the cause.
Expert Views and News
- Midlife Stressors Boost Dementia Risk
- Record Number of Americans With Mental Distress
- Brain Circuits Help People Cope With Stress
- Could the 'Stress Hormone' Affect Weight and Memory?
- Scientists Explain Stress and Heart Attack Link
- Distress Tied to Higher Risk of Stroke
- Leaders Less Stressed Out
- Mental Stress May Be Harder on Women's Hearts
- Dogs May Take the Bite Out of Stress at Work
- Doctors Not Stressing Follow-Up Plans With Obese Kids
- Anger, Stress May Provoke Heart Attacks
- Dieters Tend to Overeat When Stressed
- Sleep Deprivation Plus Stress Hurts Blood Pressure
- Alzheimer's Guidelines Stress Early Diagnosis
- Debate on Link Between Stress, Infertility
- Depression and Stress Share Genetic Link
- Man Flu: Is Job Stress to Blame?
- 'Depression Gene' Linked to Response to Stress
- Family Stress Linked to Angina Pain
- Cancer Caregivers Share Patient Stresses
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Linked to Dementia
- Exercise May Buffer Effects of Stress
- Floral Scent Soothes Stress
- Life's Stress May Lead to Weight Gain
- Distressed? Not So Much in Hawaii
- Chronic Stress May Make You Age Faster