What Are the Five Stages of Melanoma?: Melanoma is a skin cancer that can be life-threatening when it metastasizes. The stage of the melanoma determines the treatment. Symptoms and signs of melanoma include crusting, swelling, redness, itching, bleeding, and burning.
Must Read Articles:
ChemotherapyChemotherapy or "chemo" is a treatment for cancer. Depending on the type of cancer an individual has, it can cure cancer, control cancer. or ease cancer symptoms. There are a variety of cancer drugs. There are a number of support groups to assist chemotherapy patients gain the help they need to move through this very trying treatment.
MelanomaMelanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer. Symptoms and signs of melanoma include asymmetry, irregular border, color, large diameter, and change in size and shape. Melanoma treatment depends upon the stage of the skin cancer. The prognosis for melanoma depends upon the thickness of the melanoma, depth of penetration and ulceration.
Metastatic Melanoma Symptoms Treatment PrognosisMetastatic melanoma is a kind of skin cancer that has spread to other organs. Known as stage IV melanoma, this type of cancer is a late-stage cancer, and its treatment and symptoms depend on which organs the cancer has spread to. Learn about the prognosis, treatment and survival rate for this kind of skin cancer.
Skin Cancer Melanoma Squamous Cell Basal CellSkin cancers, like melanoma, squamous cell cancer, and basal cell cancer can occur in children, but are rare. Symptoms may include oddly shaped moles or abnormal growths. Physical exams and biopsies, among other tests can diagnose these kind of skin cancers in children. Surgery and chemotherapy may be recommended as treatment for these uncommon childhood cancers.
Melanoma Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer. Symptoms and signs of melanoma include asymmetry, irregular border, color, large diameter, and change in size and shape. Melanoma treatment depends upon the stage of the skin cancer. The prognosis for melanoma depends upon the thickness of the melanoma, depth of penetration and ulceration.
Expert Views and News
- Good News, Bad News About Melanoma
- Most Melanomas Not From Moles
- Are We Winning the Fight Against Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Combo Treatment for Melanoma
- Number of Moles on Arm Predicts Melanoma
- Jimmy Carter: Melanoma Has Spread to Brain
- FDA Approves Mekinist With Tafinlar for Melanoma
- Melanoma Rates Skyrocketing in Young Adults
- Melanoma Patient Tumor Free in T-Cell Clone Study
- Vitamin A May Help Reduce Melanoma Risk
- Zelboraf May Double Survival for Some Melanoma Patients
- New Device Spots Melanoma
- Parkinson's Disease May Raise Risk of Melanoma
- FDA Approves New Melanoma Treatment Yervoy
- Melanoma Rates May Be Higher for the Rich
- Melanoma: New Adhesive Tape Test
- Drug May Treat Advanced Melanoma
- Melanoma Cases on the Rise
- Vaccine Fights Melanoma
- Melanoma Detection: Waiting Is Risky for Men
- Melanoma Increase Is Real
- Tysabri May Be Linked to Melanoma
What Are the Five Stages of Melanoma? Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes: