What Are the Three Types of Breast Cancer?: A friend of mine posted on her Facebook page that she was just diagnosed with “ductal breast cancer,” the most common of the three types, and that she was optimistic that it was “in situ.” What are the three types of breast cancer?
Must Read Articles:
Breast CancerBreast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer in women. Symptoms and signs of breast cancer include breast lumps, nipple discharge or inversion, or changes in the breast's skin. Treatment typically involves some type of surgery and depends upon the staging of the cancer, the tumor type, and the person's health.
Breast Cancer Treatment and StagingBreast cancer is staged 0 through IV, with IV being the most severe. Treatment is based on the individual woman and how her cancer responds. Therapies include chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal therapy and surgery.
What Are the Four Stages of Breast CancerBreast cancer occurs when abnormal cells in the breast grow out of control. Breast cancer is the most common female cancer in the U.S., and the second-leading cause of cancer death in women. While breast cancer is more common in women, men can get it too. The progression of the disease is classified in four stages corresponding to the growth and metastasis of the cancer.
Breast Cancer Treatment and Staging Breast cancer is staged 0 through IV, with IV being the most severe. Treatment is based on the individual woman and how her cancer responds. Therapies include chemotherapy, radiation, hormonal therapy and surgery.
Expert Views and News
- Existing Breast Cancer Drugs May Help More Women
- After Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Are Other Tests Overdone?
- Breast Cancer Radiation for Older Women?
- Breast Cancer Study Could Change Treatment
- Exercise Benefits Breast Cancer Patients
- Dietary Cadmium, Breast Cancer Link?
- Breast Cancer Drug Eribulin Extends Survival
- Cleaning Products Linked to Breast Cancer?
- Alcohol Raises Risk of Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BP Drug Blocks Newly Found Breast Cancer Gene