What Is the Function of the Larynx?: The larynx or voice box serves to permit speech and allow air to pass into the lungs while blocking food and drink from entering.
Is Sore Throat (Pharyngitis) Contagious? Sore throat caused by a viral or bacterial infection is contagious. Other cases of sore throat caused by smoking, allergies or environmental irritants are not contagious.
Expert Views and News
- Strep Throat: How Soon Can Kids Go Back to School?
- Kids' Strep Throat: Likely No Need to Lose Tonsils
- HPV Vaccine Stops Throat Cancer?
- Michael Douglas: Throat Cancer Survivor
- Michael Douglas and Throat Cancer FAQ
- Strep Throat: No Tourette's Link Seen
- Oral Sex Cause of Throat Cancer Rise
- HPV Linked to Throat Cancer