Must Read Articles:
High Blood PressureHigh blood pressure (hypertension) may be present in an individual, without any symptoms. Thus, it is called the "silent killer." Causes of high blood pressure include heart disease, kidney disease, tumors, birth control, alcohol, thyroid dysfunction, and birth control pills.Treatment of high blood pressure is generally through diet, exercise, and medication if necessary.
Pulmonary HypertensionPulmonary hypertension is an abnormally high pressure in the pulmonary arteries leading from the heart to the lungs. Primary pulmonary hypertension has no underlying condition that has caused this condition. Secondary pulmonary hypertension is caused by other underlying conditions. Treatment depends on the cause of the underlying condition, or the condition of primary pulmonary hypertension.
Expert Views and News
- Drugs Not Always Best for Mild High Blood Pressure
- FDA Approves Adempas for Pulmonary Hypertension
- Beet Juice Lowers Blood Pressure
- 1 in 2 Stroke Survivors Has High Blood Pressure
- Drinking Black Tea May Lower Blood Pressure
- Exercise May Cut Salt's Effect on Blood Pressure
- Blood Pressure and Diabetes
- Hypertension Neglected in U.S.
- Blood Pressure Drug May Help Treat MS
- Lifestyle Steps to Cut Hypertension Risk
- Cut Hypertension Drugs With Low-Salt Diet
What Is the Main Cause of Pulmonary Hypertension? Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes:
What Is the Main Cause of Pulmonary Hypertension? Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Selexipag is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Selexipag helps keep your condition from getting worse and helps lower your risk of needin...learn more »
Rivaroxaban is used to treat or prevent blood clots in the legs (deep vein thrombosis) or in the lungs (pulmonary embolism). These types of blood clots can ...learn more »
Ambrisentan lowers blood pressure in your lungs, helping your heart pump blood more efficiently...learn more »
Sildenafil relaxes muscles of the blood vessels and increases blood flow to particular areas of the body...learn more »
Digoxin is derived from the leaves of a digitalis plant and is used to treat heart failure.learn more »