What Is Cipro?
Cipro (ciprofloxacin hydrochloride) is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic used in adults 18 years of age and older and in pediatric patients to treat infections caused by designated, susceptible bacteria.
What Type of Infections Does Cipro Treat?
Cipro treats the following types of infections:
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Complicated intra-abdominal infections
- Infectious diarrhea
- Typhoid fever (enteric fever)
- Uncomplicated cervical and urethral gonorrhea
- Inhalational anthrax post-exposure in adult and pediatric patients
- Plague in adult and pediatric patients
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Acute uncomplicated cystitis
- Complicated UTI and pyelonephritis in pediatric patients
- Acute sinusitis
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors
Reviewed on 10/1/2020