Viewer Comments: Neck and Back Injuries - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Neck and Back Injuries:

Neck and Back Injuries - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience from your neck or back injury?

Comment from: su, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

Over 20 years ago, I had a massive sneeze and broke my neck. The instant pain was transferred into my arm, I rushed to the hospital and they suspected a heart attack (it wasn't). Five months later I went to the doctor for leg problems and he noticed a lump in my neck. X-ray taken found the break in my 5th vertebra. It had mended itself but was out of line, I have massive pain all the time now. I now have cervical spondylosis plus rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and fibromyalgia. I can't tolerate RA drugs, and the pain and headache never go. It has left me a damaged and broken person.