Breast changes are common. From the time a girl begins to develop breasts and begins menstruating and throughout life, women may experience various kinds of breast pain and other breast changes. Some of these changes normally occur during the menstrual cycle, during pregnancy, and with aging. Breast lumps, tenderness, and other changes may occur. Most breast lumps and other changes are not cancer.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Women's Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Women's Health Related Resources
Women's Health Articles
- What Is Diethylstilbestrol Used For?
- What Causes Fibrocystic Breasts?
- Where Is the Vulvar Area?
- What Is the Fastest Way to Get Rid of Period Cramps?
- What Is the Difference Between a Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants?
- How Long Do Breast Implants Last?
- What Are Hot Flashes a Sign Of?
- What Is Normal Vaginal Discharge?
- Do Fibroids Go Away on Their Own?
- What Happens to Your Body When You Have A Hysterectomy?
- What Happens During Menopause?
- How Serious Is Endometriosis?
- Uterine Fibroids
- Dermoid Cyst Removal
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
Women's Health Medications
- drospirenone and estradiol (Angeliq) (Angeliq)
- rimabotulinumtoxinB (Myobloc) (Myobloc) (Myobloc)
- eflornithine topical (Vaniqa) (Vaniqa)
- conjugated estrogens (vaginal) (Premarin Vaginal) (Premarin Vaginal, Synthetic Conjugated Estrogens, A)
- hemin (Panhematin) (Panhematin)
- estradiol vaginal (local) (Estrace Vaginal, Estring, Imvexxy Maintenance Pack) (Estrace Vaginal Cream, Estring, Vagifem)
- conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone (Premphase, Prempro) (Premphase, Prempro)
- acetaminophen, pamabrom, and pyrilamine (Midol PMS Maximum Strength) (Midol PMS Maximum Strength, Pamprin ES Multi-Symptom Relief Formula, Pamprin Maximum Pain and more)
- esterified estrogens and methyltestosterone (Covaryx, Covaryx HS, EEMT) (Covaryx, Covaryx HS, EEMT and more)
- metronidazole vaginal (MetroGel-Vaginal, Nuvessa, Vandazole) (MetroGel-Vaginal, Vandazole)
- miconazole vaginal (Lagicam, Micon 7, Miconazole 3) (Micon 7, Monistat 3, Monistat 5 and more)
- goserelin (implant) (Zoladex) (Zoladex)
- clindamycin vaginal (Cleocin Ovules, Cleocin Vaginal, ClindaMax) (Cleocin Vaginal)
- terconazole vaginal (Terazol 3, Terazol 7, Zazole) (Terazol 3, Terazol 7)
- tioconazole vaginal (1-Day, Monistat-1 (obsolete), Vagistat-1) (Monistat-1, Vagistat-1)
Women's Health Images and Slideshows
- Ovarian Cyst Symptoms, Types, and Treatment
- Endometriosis Symptoms, Stages, Treatment
- Women's Health: 10 Tips to Ease Menopause Symptoms
- Your Health: Conditions That Affect Men and Women Differently
- Women's Health: Tips for Dealing With Dryness
- Women’s Hair Loss: Causes, Treatments, and Solutions
- Women's Health: 25 Hormone Imbalance Symptoms and Signs
- What Causes Hot Flashes?
- 9 Signs of Perimenopause
- Health Screening Tests Every Woman Needs
- What Are Uterine Fibroids? Symptoms, Treatment, Pictures
- Picture of Uterine Fibroids
- Urinary Incontinence in Women: Types, Causes, and Treatments for Bladder Control
- Picture of Vagina
- Picture of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Women's Health Quizzes
Women's Health News
- 'Remarkable' New Data on Menopausal Hormone Therapy
- Testosterone for Older Women's Sex Drive
- Hormone Therapy Doesn't Prevent Age-Related Muscle Loss in Women
- Menstrual Cups Safe, Effective, and Largely Unknown
- Sex May Be Less Satisfying With Age, Too Few Women Seek Help
- Is Endometriosis a Cancer?
- What Do They Do to See if You Have Endometriosis?
- FDA Pulls All Vaginal Mesh Products Off the Market
- Long-term HRT Tied to Greater Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Acupuncture a 'Realistic Option' vs HRT for Hot Flashes
- Fish Oil Supplementation Can Mitigate Disuse Atrophy in Women
- Longer Breastfeeding Key to Moms' Slim Waists, Lower CVD Risk
- Incontinence Drug May Help Ease Severe Hot Flashes
- Catch-up HPV Vaccination Effective for Women Under 21 Years
- Postmenopausal Bleeding: Reliable Sign of Endometrial Cancer